The Have Whinge/Vent Thread

I spent a good 6 hours yesterday and 3 hours the day before driving around spinning every Pokestop to get catch 10 Unique for Rufflet quests.
Found a heap but never got a 100% or Shiny yet another acct got 2x 100% and a Shiny ffs.

1 Like

Dozens more Genesect raided this week. Still NOTHING better than 91 IV. (No shinies, either, of course, since Niantic held those back to allow them to base an entire future event on the shiny of this version of this Pokemon. :roll_eyes: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: )

Unless they decide to base the next Genesect event on a new hat… :laughing:

1 Like

Still haven’t found a pumpkaboo other than small and average size…

How come when I’m on a remote pass invitation to a raid, in the lobby, and ready for GO, does the game EVER complain that I need to walk closer to the gym to interact with it?! My trainer gets kicked out of the gym and back into my main screen immediately with no way to get back in. (Maybe if the countdown was still going there might be hope of reentering; but the raid has just started at the moment it kicks me out, so even if the invitation is still open I get an empty gym when I click on it.)

The gym is over 2000 miles away. How much closer am I expected to come? It seems inconceivably ridiculous.

2 Likes

Oh look! Here’s the dude that wouldn’t show up for me on last collection challenge.

4 Likes

Festival of Lights!?! Festival of @“£?%¥ Pikachu AGAIN!
Terrible spawns :triumph:

1 Like

This is one of the many events motivating me to stay inside.

2 Likes

Yay. Still stuck on this task while everyone else is getting their shadow lugia

Not finding any dark types; not even on halloween

2 Likes

Those tasks requiring something that’s out of sync with the current event are frustrating! One took me a whole month of waiting until the given target came back.

I forced the matter with the Dark types by raiding the snot out of Darkrai last week. And some T5 bosses give the easiest opportunities to complete tasks that require Excellent throws.

I’m getting regular Houndour spawns during this event.

Traders, beware:

If your trade fails (for example, if you roam out of trading distance during the process), it appears likely that your trade will still count towards your daily trade limits, even though the pokemon won’t actually be exchanged. (Although I didn’t notice whether the trade cost had been decremented from my stardust count.)

I got such an error during an attempted trade of Reshi’s caught over 300km apart, and when I backed out and retried the trade, none of my Legendaries showed up for me to select to trade ----- it had obviously flagged me for having made my special trade for the day, even though that trade had not completed.

Now both of us have to find different mons to trade from over 300 km apart, or wait until tomorrow to try again.

Looks like a bug to me. But I only have a few minutes to play today, which I don’t want to waste on the process of filing a bug report. I’m not particularly upset, though; just disappointed.

2 Likes

I had a problem today, but I’m not shure if it is a fault on my side or if there’s made a change.

I tried today two times to catch an Aerodactyl, and in both cases my throws not even come near to the flying monster. I have several of it in the bag, and I’m quite shure that I haven’t had any problem to catch it.
Or my fingers are out of order, or the distance has been augmented a lot.

1 Like

@bagguille I found a wild aerodactyl yesterday… but it was flying so high up on the screen I couldn’t hit it with a ball.

I’ve since read that you can catch it in AR mode… but on some makes of phone it’s impossible to hit in regular mode :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

thanks, so I don’t have to be angry with myyself… :joy: :joy:

same here. it took so many balls… like what the heck

I can confirm the AR mode method of catching does work. I caught 2 Aerodactools today…

3 Likes

They’ve changed the range for Aerodactyl.
I can only land a ball if it’s at its lowest point.
They’ve messed something up again.

Wasn’t Crobat like that? And didn’t they adjust that to be a little closer?

Yeah, I found an Aerodactyl yesterday at home. Went into AR mode and had to twist my body 180 to bring it out of hiding since I was sitting down haha.

1 Like

Just got a wild areodactyl, and hit it at the top of the screen without much difficulty. Maybe a fix was part of today’s update? Or maybe my circumstances weren’t the same as what made yours unhittable up there.

1 Like