Smeargle is here

Well smeargle just got released. Just caught this one:

He appears sometimes after you take an AR picture

9 Likes

I don’t know how to take an AR photo…

2 Likes

Hit the photocamera icon you see in the top right of my screenshot, just below the favourite star.

1 Like

Photos of Pokemon in the wild or your own Pokemon?

Nevermind. It’s your own Pokemon. I just caught Smeargle too. :smiley:

Thanks!

3 Likes

Do you need to take AR+ as my phone doesn’t support it

1 Like

Nope. No AR+ needed.

And you can just throw out a Pokemon, take a slew of pics, check to see if Smeargle shows up. Rinse. Repeat. :smiley:

1 Like

My “really bad” snapshot feature only puts the Pokémon onto the screen in a fixed place. You can’t tap on it, rotate it or anything. You don’t choose where to put it as it stays in the middle of the screen no matter what you do

2 Likes

he takes on the moveset of whatever pokemon he bombs, so get a good one! Mine has Psycho cut/shadow ball from Mewtwo lol

3 Likes

That’s fine. As long as you take pics, it counts.

1 Like

Well with a max CP of 431 at level 40 it doesnt even really matter for great league PVP. But its fun you can control it like that yeah.

4 Likes

My photos tryna get one :joy: but none yet

Really? Mine legit showed up after 5 minutes or so of taking photos. lol

It took me about 14 photos before I caught mine, so just keep trying.

It’s RNG, but Smeargle will eventually photobomb your photoshoot. When that happened, return to normal play and it will spawn about where you’re standing.

2 Likes

Oh weird. Smeargle didn’t bomb my photo. It just suddenly appeared in the wild. Sad because Smeargle bombing it would have been amusing to me. lol

1 Like

it requires 0 stardust and 99999999 candies for new attack

3 Likes

I think it’s telling us that Smeargle can’t have a second attack? lol

1 Like

it must be because it is related to the Pokemon you were taking a photo of.
I got DT/DM from a palkia

1 Like

That would explain why mine knows Extrasensory and Future Sight after I photographed my Lugia.

New attack costs 999 candy and 0 dust lol