Routes feature discussion and discoverings

This thread will be used for discussions and discoverings regarding the new Routes feature in the game. Enjoy!

(Posts from the Blaze New Trails event regarding the feature will be housed to this thread.)

How to create a Route:

1. Choose a PokéStop or Gym to be your starting point.
  2. Hit record to begin mapping your Route.
  3. Fill out some info about your Route, then submit it for review.
  4. Once accepted, Trainers can follow your Route!
    How to explore a Route:
  5. Check the Route tab from the Nearby menu to see local Routes.
  6. Choose one that catches your eye.
  7. Follow the Route and enjoy exploring!

Routes information:

• Keep an eye out while you’re exploring a Route—you might come across a Zygarde Cell!
  • Zygarde Cells are the components that make up Zygarde, the Order Pokémon. You can collect Zygarde Cells in your Zygarde Cube and use these cells to change Zygarde’s form.
  • Encounter Zygarde in the Special Research story “From A to Zygarde”!
  • According to Pokeminers, Zygarde will require 250 Zygarde Cells in order to be able to be transformed into its Complete form.
  • Zygarde is currently not tradable.
  • While all Trainers can explore Routes right now, Route creation is still being rolled out. Keep an eye on your email to see when this is ready for you!

Routes Bonuses:

• Follow a Route to its end for the first time to earn a new Route Badge.
  • Earn Buddy Candy more quickly.
  • Pokémon will be more attracted to Incense when you’re exploring a Route for the first time.
  • Earn an XP bonus for the first Route you complete each day. After completing Routes for seven days, you’ll receive an increased XP bonus.
  • Earn a Buddy Heart when you complete a Route while adventuring with your buddy!
  • Once you finish a Route, you will get rewarded. Possible rewards include Ultra Balls, XP and Revives.

More than the route feature, I am excited to get Zygarde-Complete.
:smiley:

As per basic analysis, Zygarde-Complete will wreck all the metas of UL and ML.

It is capable of removing all the famous cores of both Ultra League and Master League.

This is the analysis for Ultra League :

And this is for the Master League :

See these links and find out the upcoming meta crusher !!

:cold_face: :cold_face: :cold_face:

Niantic is providing a top notch PvP Pokemon without any money, and this Pokemon is too much good.
Now I am thinking how bulky the team will be if we pair up Zygarde-Complete and Lugia together…
:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Zygarde will not have any use for PvE, but if he arrives as a raid boss, then be wary of his bulky prowess.

1 Like

Why I am getting a bad feeling that, rather than introducing a new feature, Niantic had made an attempt to glorify their Wayfarer Ideology ?

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

So far I had not seen any routes in route-tracking map.

Edit : Presently I am in one of important location in the city, and there are numerous Pokestops and Gyms around me. But I am not able to find the option to start recording the route.

In western SF neighborhood there are a few user routes defined; but the interface for listing them and adding new ones seems to have some issues, still. May try to add a new one this afternoon.

Your enthusiasm for Zygarde is clear. What is less clear to me is how we are expected to accumulate the necessary “cells” to make the “complete” form. Yet more things to study and learn in this game. (And these ‘routes’ and ‘showcase’ things are like having other little games inserted into this one… Instead of fixing the growing list of bugs in this one or finishing its incomplete features.)

1 Like

Actually !

We only know that if we keep on exploring on the routes, we might find those Zygarde Cells, and once we have 250 of them, then we can obtain Zygarde-Complete form.

But I what I don’t know is that with what probability those cells will be provided, if its something like finding Galarian Birds, then we are down and out.

In MSG, we find Zygarde Cells by exploring the various routes in the region. So we can easily get the analogy of Niantic’s thinking.

But to me the real concern is how much time will it take for an average player to accumulate necessary amount of cells…

There are no routes in my village. Not surprising since I’m the only player who would make them.

I have had the option to make routes for about a week, but the mobile phone signal is not strong enough to allow me to do so. :rage:

It’s not likely I’ll be able to get much play-time in my local town over the weekend (torrential rain is forecast for both days) - and I don’t even know if any routes exist there.

So it looks very much like this will be another non-event for me. :disappointed:

Spawns are crap anyway :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oh… and Zygarde-complete will have to join the ever-growing list with the likes of Volcarona, Gimmighoul/Ghouldengo, and the Galarian Birds that I know I’ll never get… :expressionless:

1 Like

Roger that, Sir !!

At least you are level 50 player and have access to Gyms, Pokestops and trading with ease. But in my case, none of them are available !!
:joy: :joy: :joy:

Until now I found 2 cells after finishing 12 routes, one of them 7 times.

1 Like

Ok how do you setup routes? I know i can view the nearby routes through the nearby pokemon tab, but how do i do the paperwork and stuff for new routes? Am i being blind :joy:

@Piano1350
It’s on the main character screen, just above the list of gyms…

…but the feature hasn’t been rolled out to every account yet.
(I can’t make them because of frequent signal dropouts in the rural area where I live).

1 Like

What does this means ?

Did Niantic made Zygarde Cells as the piece of puzzles, where we need different pieces to assemble in order to get Zygarde-Complete ??

:sob: :sob: :sob:

Now I have done the same route 12 times. What I wanted to say is walking along this route. I start walking a route from the blue flag to the red. Then I choose the same route again, but push the revert direction button. So, for one time the red flag becomes blue. So I can walk down the route in reverse direction.

And no, all Cells are the same, the problem is to find one. After walking now about 25 routes I found only 3 cells… imagine what this means for to find 250 of them. :nauseated_face:

3 Likes

As usual, a poor implementation of a new feature. They should at least guarantee a Zygarde Cell per Route. That said, exploring new Routes should also guarantee a bigger amount of Zygarde Cells. They always say they want to improve exploration but do literally nothing to support that, yeah you can have more spawns on your Incense the first time you explore a Route but that is kind of pointless because Incenses are paywalled.

Also, be aware of a bug that prevents players from collecting Zygarde Cells once the end of the Route has been reached.

Another day, another Niantic screw up. I suggest not to bother until there’s a better way of obtaining those Zygarde Cells.

3 Likes

Also I’m learning new features:

• After finishing a new route, you get a badge (as for new gyms), but as well starts a counter which shows 1/5. So I thought something special will happen after walking it five times…
    Typical Niantic, nothing special happens, but now it shows 6/20
  • In the morning appears for a very short time another week-counter, as for spinning a Stop every day. This new counter had this morning 3 filled dots and 4 without color.
    All this seems to show that they want me to do a 7-day-streak walking at least one route every day. But again, no idea what I will get as reward.
2 Likes

That’s interesting information I hadn’t found before. Thanks

Logically, each cell represents 1% . So for 100%, we should be needed 100 cells. So what’s the point for 250 cells ?

So we are getting one cell per 8 routes. So we need to find 2000+ new routes in order to get 250 cells.

:cold_face: :face_with_spiral_eyes: :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Same.

There also exists Zygarde Core, which makes up for 5% of Zygarde Cells. But still, as you said, Niantic had again showed in what they are good at !!

Rather, making this like visiting 100 different Pokestops with Zygarde as buddy would have been more appealing…

Four other observations:

• walking along a route I saw a a cell… but exactly in the moment when I tried to catch it comes up the screen of “you have finished the route”. What a f…k, how is posible that the algorithm push up the cell in the last moment?
  • once you finish the route and the counter is shown this data has disappeared. No way to look the different counters of different routes.
  • the same happens to know where was this route I walked. No way to relate in a map or with GPS-coordinates where this routes have been.
  • and remembering the counter for continous days walking routes… spinning Stops, catching Pokémon and doing a research I can consult in any moment, the counter for walking a route is in no place.
1 Like

:arrow_up_down:

What if we go back inside the route, and then click on those cells ?

Oh… Zygarde Cell flee away !!
:fog: :fog: :fog:

1 Like

According to datamines the complete form requires 250 of them however it’s too early to tell if it is actually correct.