Recent permanent ban wave targeting spoofers - Are Sponsors twisting Niantic's arm?

But the point is that Go attracts a lot of people
Sure, not everybody would buy something, but a lot of them would
Spoofer will never buy anything, somebody who just didnt buy a coffee the first time he spun the stop can do so next time

I hope they go after multi accounters next for the same reason… (or whatever reason/excuse Niantic needs to get rid of them)

A brief story about multi-accounters: i was battling a gym on community day and after i beat it someone else put a pokemon in a gym, and then another, and another until this one guy (no other nearby players) had filled up the whole gym with his 6 accounts. I know they’re all his because the names were like “___01” and ___02”

1 Like

If multiple family members play on the same device, I don’t think niantic can really tell the difference

1 Like

They can just see “oh this phone has 6 accounts being used on it”

I think there have to be at least a “cool down” phase of some time.
Not logout 1 - login 2 - logout 2 - login 3 - logout 3 … and all this in five minutes.

I don’t hate you at all. I don’t care because you’re not doing anything bad, I get raid-support and if you can’t walk around, won’t or are not allowed by your parents, go on. It does not break the game for me.

1 Like

I made one myself. :slight_smile: The community isn’t so big and few care to share lower than Legendary.

Spoofers can still go on Go Hub…

Who plays with multiple familly members, at the same time, on 1 device… How would that work? you log out and in 3 times for every rattata on the sidewalk?
Thats just not realistic.
A cooldown of 5 or even 10 minutes would be great.

Obviously what you said is ridiculous and not what I’m talking about

There are parents who play on their phone or tablet for their own account and their kid(s) use the same device.

1 Like

Not to mention people walking with multiple phones. I’ve seen several over time, some even with three phones strapped on one arm and another mobile in their hand. Using bluetooth, or certain cables, they can even connect one device to the internet through the internet connection of another mobile.
Having multiple accounts on one phone is peanuts compared to that, as those accounts at least can’t walk their eggs or buddy candies at the same time, and lose more valuable time switching account. Those with multiple mobile devices don’t suffer any of those drawbacks.

Well im sure Niantic can check activity history, so they could check if 1 phone adds 3 accounts to a gym within a few minutes so yeah, they could tell the difference.

I understand the multiple phone thing there’s one guy in our town that has three phones he’s a Mystic like me but he filled the gyms by himself and there’s no room for no one else it sucks

Think it’s going to end up bitter sweet for both sides. Player base has steadily dropped from just 6 months ago. Another aspect is TOS and other forms of rule breakers, be multi accounts, maps, IV scanners, etc. One got singled out, a massive one at that. Lots of dollars were pouring in from this player base as a whole. Sponsors will also see the real results of traffic and begin to see how bad they were shafted by Niantic.

the reason why there targeting these spoofers now because they want to bring in a function for trading and or pvp and they cant do that with spoofers

1 Like

Yes my partner and me both have my young son’s login in details on our own phones so if something great pops up we can catch it for him or put him in a gym to earn coins & keep his streaks going, there aren’t any pokéstops or gyms in our village and it’s not always practical to take him out in the car after school to the nearest town to do these things.

2 Likes

Not to mention… Many parents aren’t okay with their 6 to 9 year old kids going out between 11 PM and 8 AM to catch 10 ghosts. It’d actually be very unsafe to do so in most places.
In these cases, it’s nice if the parents play for them as well, and I actually feel sorry for the kids who’s parents don’t play.

3 Likes

I have my boys info on my phone if a big something pops i grab it, then change over. But it happens so irregularly now with most everything caught. I stopped keeping their streaks, but it is also a sign interest is fading after 2 years. Sad. The new daily has helped, but i may not have to worry about multi account banning soon. I like the game a lot still.

1 Like

I agree the interest is fading. I dont know how lvl 40s who maxed over 5 times still play and have fun.

1 Like