Recent permanent ban wave targeting spoofers - Are Sponsors twisting Niantic's arm?

The end for spoofing and carts in pokemon go, play hard and play good, fer play.

That wasnt the end of spoofing
At all

Yeah just got another report in our city that a new spoofer has shown up :frowning:

I also noticed some spoofers after the ban wave.
There are lots in my city I guess but I know only two who have been blocked.

Niantic didn’t do well.

There’s been one new guy who showed up, battled one gym and then left. On the whole the amount of active spoofers in my area has decreased a lot.

Yes, I’ve noticed the same, but also new guys have shown up.

1 Like

I guess some spoofers actually did start over from scratch.

One of our spoofers got all of his accounts perma banned
Shame, because he couldve helped us with consistent EX triggers, along with the rest of the air force

2 Likes

Just to provide an update on what’s apparently happening, Niantic emailed a bunch of people whose accounts were “permabanned” and told them that it’s a 90 day temporary ban

1 Like

That sucks

Im curious about what will happen to the pokemon in those accounts. Can they use them normally? Are they gonna be “slashed”. Will they be deleted?
Im assuming another offense by those accounts will mean termination of the account, but even if they start playing legit they will have a ton of good pokemon and dust that they normally wouldnt have.

2 Likes

Actually I do think so. But of course I don’t hope so.

1 Like

In the emails there is no mention of any repurcussion other than not being able to play for 3 months

1 Like