Linking account

Trying to link my account and it is saying it cant

Does it give an error message?

yes

pokemon trainer club error…unable to link to this account is the whole message

Ok, are you trying to link your account to google or one of the other options on that list or are you validating your trainer club account?

Validating…im already linked to google and fb

I even unlinked my google one tried to link the trainer and stoll wouldn’t do it

Did you create your account through Pokémon trainer club?

I don’t remember

Ok I was asking because trainers who first created an account with Facebook, Google, or Apple cannot link a Pokémon Trainer Club (PTC) account to their Pokémon GO account.

So even if you unlinked to google, if that’s how you originally created your account then you can’t link it to PTC.

well thats not fair

It looks a lot like Niantic is close to disallowing logins with Google credentials. Are we who started our accounts with Google credentials about to be banned?

Probably not. Don’t you still have a username and password?

Yes, but the frecuency in the morning is increasing that the program tells me: in this moment your credencials cannot be confirmed, try again later…

My username and password are for my Google login, which is not one of the options for redeeming Rotom code. I don’t remember a PTC login, and if I ever had one, it was at least 6 years ago and I’ve forgotten it by now. I never used Apple, and I’m not a Niantic Kid. Looks like my options are, um… :man_shrugging:

Are you sure? I use a Google account to log in as well and got the Rotom research just fine.

What did you use to log into the Niantic Store to redeem? My options show this:

And the one showing Google Play merely brings me back to the PoGO app page in GooglePlay with options to uninstall or open, the latter of which just brings me back to the PoGO play screen, not to a redemption page. Apparently, I’m not passing the intelligence test…

Try this link for the google account for rotom:

https://store.pokemongolive.com/offer-redemption?passcode=0HY0UF0UNDM3&utm_campaign=E_Promo_202402_RotomCode

It has google from that link for me:

Also you should just be able to create a new PTC account and bind your account to that.