Linking account

Thanks for the tips! I’ll give 'em a try. I misunderstood your remark to @10kitkat1969 that seemed to say that accounts first created with Google credentials could not be linked to the new PTC accounts

Dang I forgot about that, you’re completely right that’s what I said. Looking now it looks like I was definitely wrong. @10kitkat1969 I was wrong! :joy:

Because this official post seems to suggest you can:

1. Create a PTC account at club.pokemon.com if you haven’t already.
  2. Open Pokémon GO.
  3. Tap the Main Menu button.
  4. Tap the Settings button in the top-right corner.
  5. Tap Account.
  6. Tap the Link button under the Linked Accounts section.
  7. Follow the prompts to log in to your PTC account.

I must have seen an outdated or unreliable source earlier, because I remember now reading somewhere that you couldn’t :man_shrugging:
Anyway, thanks for that correction @vorgriff3!

Source for above instructions: Get a Super Incubator and 1,000 Stardust when you link and validate your Pokémon Trainer Club account – Pokémon GO

Got it. First step – Date of Birth … I have to hit the previous-month button over 700 times … good bleeping grief. Who thought up that user-hostile interface? So much for taking 5 minutes to do that; I’ll have to come back to this later. Like maybe after Easter…

Click the arrow I’ve highlighted by the yellow circle:

To open this menu:

That should make things a little easier! :sweat_smile:

I just found this. @vorgriff3 @Liono1001 Niantic is looking for a fix it seems.

Well hopefully that means that they’re not discontinuing the Google log in!

1 Like

If they do, they’ll notice that was a huge mistake soon enough. I’ve seen them make the most questionable decisions, but I don’t think they’d discontinue Google support.

1 Like