Lets talk - (anything)

I also agree with you.

I am also not playing with same intensity as much I did from the time where Niantic nerfed the Legendary Rate in GBL. Because of this, motive of winning is finished.

Presently, I will keep the game in the folder, and log in back if there is something interesting.

The upcoming Solistice event provides people with free Cosmoem, but I don’t know what is the point in putting efforts to finish the research line for 1 Cosmoem only. We can easily give the 6-10 candies to Cosmoem which we got during Ultra Beast Season.
Though, those who didn’t got it from that research, might get their hands this time.

This explains it all. Niantic is doing same thing again and again, just change the title and banner.

In order to force people to go outside, they are continously degrading the essence of Pokemon.

:unamused:

1 Like

Amen to that. Niantic is doing very little to keep the game refreshing - when was the last big feature before Shadow Raids even released? I think it’s the Postcard system with Scatterbug which released half a year ago? And even that isn’t necessarily a big feature. I don’t even recall what the big feature was they released before that but I’m willing to believe it’s the GBL system which has been in the game for years now. Or the friendship system perhaps… I must say their events have gotten better, in 2021-2022 they were all practically the same but with a few changed bonuses and a different name, now they at least do have different spawns as well, so that’s a big upgrade to say at least, but it’s still getting repetitive.

I will say it’s probably hard to really differentiate events from each other to avoid repetitiveness, although they have also hardly been releasing any new Pokémon, Shiny forms, Shadow forms etc, however my discontent for the game goes way beyond just the repetitiveness of events.

• It is the fact that they made remote raiding so much harder and more expensive, not only reducing the amount of remote raids done, but also the amount of in-person raids done. If anything it didn’t help their goal at all and only took away QoL features, and for many communities, raiding as a whole.
  • It is the fact they refuse to do anything, or even inform us why they made their choice, even after an enormous uproar in the Pokémon GO community.
  • It is the Lake Trio, that came back to Raids and can still only be remote raided by probably 99% of the community, basically supporting remote raiding, which they just made harder to do because it was against their goal.
  • It is the issues the game has, basically every event they’ve been creating nowadays was broken in some way - Shadow Mewtwo didn’t give XL Candy, Shadow Articuno was blocked off by the Lake Trio Raids on Sunday and by Fraxure Raids on Saturday, Shiny Clauncher wasn’t released at the time it should’ve, Sandygast was broken because Niantic never fixed the coding, the Lake Trio ‘accidentally’ had their shiny rates decreased, Kleavor Raid Day potentially had broken shiny rates for remote raiders, the Community Bonus we’ve achieved with the last event stopped too early… and all they do about it is practically nothing. Well, they finally acknowledged “they aren’t where they wanted to be in terms avoiding issues”, but that’s it.
  • It is the additional paid stuff for practically every event there is nowadays.
  • It is Hoenn Tour, which was, well, free, I guess, but was completely dumbed down from Johto Tour and made for a very redundant experience, where Johto Tour was one of the most memorable experiences, and it used to be one of the two events each year everyone was excited for, with the other one being GO Fest (which, I must admit, does look great, but I don’t support the fact the tickets were already purchasable before any details were given, I don’t think the capacity was reached before they gave the additional info though).
  • It is their recent decision to make spawns disappear quicker, to avoid players playing the game while driving, yet this also affects passengers, and in fact it’s the worst while walking, because it makes you stop more often, otherwise the spawns will disappear. As someone who hardly ever stops while going for a walk playing the game, it’s a rather annoying change.
  • It is their recent decision to have Field Research and the Breakthrough Box last for three months, basically supporting repetitiveness - and the rewards for the Box are as awful as usual. And we’re now stuck with that for the entire Season duration.
  • It is the new time window the events take place in, the middle of the day is rather implausible as it basically takes away half of the day. Why not give us a choice between 11-14, 14-17 and 17-20 instead? Simple solution, yet much better.
  • It is the GBL system, which, after 3 years of being out in the game, still faces too many issues.
  • It is the last Research Day, which was designed by a someone with the brain of a not much more than a peanut, as they could’ve given rurals a great opportunity to also play the Research Day with the paid Limited Research, but all literally every single task in the Limited Research was “Complete {x} Research Tasks”; guess Niantic doesn’t want money after all…

And there I already listed half of the things to do in the game, and probably missed a lot more things that just didn’t sit right with me recently. Niantic always says they want to promote exploration, but in fact they’re doing anything but that. All these things have accumulated to me not wanting to get out and play the game anymore. Niantic is digging their own grave, and it looks like they are doing it on purpose.

2 Likes

I give you a :+1: in all points, but not in the resume. They are not digging their grave, I’m quite shure they do it on purpose. Pokémon Go was an incertain project which has gone better they thought in the beginning. With time they tried to gain more and more, knowing allways that this will have a final. Prepairing new projects was the only way out without dying in time. I’m quite shure in our days the future of Pokémon Go is the thing with lowest priority in the reunions of Niantic.

I don’t think any of us actually enjoys playing these days. The game just holds us captive in its malevolent thrall. :neutral_face:

On another point - now that the Silph Road forum on reddit has gone dark I don’t have a clue what’s going on.

Niantic is probably making all kinds of the usual screw-ups and not being held to account.

You’d’ve thought some of their regulars might have made their way over here to pontificate, ruminate, and cogitate… but no signs of a new influx of contributors… yet… :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Also not to forget that Gamepress Forum also went down, only their Wiki remains.

:+1: :+1: :+1:

I completely agree with you. All points are correct according to me, including their preparation for the game’s last rite…
:skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones:

According to me, there are many why's about the game and its mechanics which are not justifiable. They are :
  • Why CP formula exists in game ?
  • Why Pokemon spawn according to the season, not according the routes ?
  • Why buddy system exists, as it doesn’t have anything special ?
  • Why there are no incentives for GBL ?
  • Why do we need to catch same Pokemon again and again to power them up ?
  • Why Gyms are made without any objectives, apart from 50 coins ?
  • Why Elite Raids and Shadow Raids are insurmountable for players without community ?

My other concerns are discussed here, so I will not repeat it again…

And when they release, they are not accesible to general Public.

For example, I am yet to get Salazzle and Volcarona, and few other Pokemons. Another mistake they did was that they made regional exclusive available to those who are paying. This had somewhat took away the rarity surrounding them.

Also, do you remember Zarude ? It was brought in the game with lots of hypes surrounding it, but after that there is no signs about him.

Niantic is failing in describing their point of exploration. They should know that, no place is explorable and interesting if we visit there every now and then. This is as same as eating delicious cuisine every day, which takes away its deliciousness in long run.

Also, see the image below:

What elements can you see in screenshot above, by which I can enjoy the game ?

Niantic says to players to interact with people and make the gaming community, but it is almost impossible here. If we ask some random people to play cricket or football with us then they can come and play most probably, but asking them to play game is impossible.
Here, you will see people having their evening walks and talking along the way with strangers who are also walking, but you will never find any people busy in phone while they are walking with someone.
Doing this portrays our vague personality, where we are paying attention to phone, instead to people who are walking with us…

3 Likes

Oh yeah that was the one thing I was going to detail in my previous post but suddenly couldn’t think of anymore. Niantic basically stopped supporting one of their biggest communities, The Silph Road, recently which is another shameful action of them. Their subreddit is currently done in protest against Reddit (Reddit wants to get rid of Third Party Apps by making the price so high no single company can afford it, and users are protesting now because those TPA made Reddit so much better as the actual Reddit app is, to say, quite atrocious). That’s what I got from the ongoing hiatus at least. It should be back on soon though

edit: it’s already back up

3 Likes

Today in Summer Cup: Ultra League Edition, I decided to go away from meta, hence tried couple of different Pokemon, along with Swampert.

The Team was : Luxray, Buzzwole, Swampert.

I decided to use Luxray as lead because I was constantly coming up against either Walrein, Gyarados or Charizard.
Since Luxray possesses dangerous playstyle, hence nuking all those waters and fliers was fun
:smile:

Also I removed Venusaur with Psychic Fangs bait, then delivering Wild Charge !!!

1 Like

Just noticed the rewards for stage 1 of the current Special Research…

You’ve GOT to be kidding ---- 7 Stardust. SEVEN???

Good grief. What sort of nonsense is that?

The only valuable reward is in the fourth step the Cosmoem…

1 Like

Are we directly getting Cosmoem ?

Also, I felt that the special research is too much exhaustive, considering the duration of event…

Nooo, excuse me, it’s a Cosmog. And really, it has cost me a lot of work to get it.

And @vorgriff3 , yes, I got one.

3 Likes

Congrats, and thanks for letting me see the yellow-edge jellyfish. I’m used to having the shiny Legendaries within a few days of their shiny debut, by the strategy of raiding continually until I land one – a strategy that has been condemned by Nay-antic, in their decision that nobody may raid from home more than 5 times a day.

1 Like

I can help but have a derogatory laugh when you mention the remote Raid Cap of 5 when GPS cheats are able to still do unlimited :roll_eyes:.
Remote Raid Passes were a huge leveller against GPS jumpers.

2 Likes

One of the great features of this game is that catching a mon does not block other players from catching same mon. I gave up trying to compete with other players, since some are retired (or just malingerers) who spend many hours every day amassing catches, candy, and stardust; such that someone playing an hour at most and mostly raiding can’t possibly keep up, even if they spend cash on coins. Just doing the best I can with the constraints I have is my goal (which is why the remote limit irks me, since it does little but prevent homebound players from playing, unless a spawn point or nest is within reach). I often hosted remote raids for worthless mons that I already have, if people are queueing up on remote-hosting sites just to raid one. I’m not competing with others, but trying to help them. Which I do less often, now that I only have 5 remotes a day.

Ten raids a day used to be my goal. :cry:

1 Like

Today I made my second Nihilego raid… and a second shiny. :grin:

3 Likes

Next monday I will actualize the Badge-Tables. If anybody wants to add his newest data, until Sunday you have time…

2 Likes

I had only played around 50 matches so far since the last update to Badge-Tables. Hence, I had not made enough progress for it !

:joy: :joy: :joy:

In raids section, you can Big Zero to my tally.
:rofl: :rofl:

Does Big Zero looks like this ?

Zero

1 Like

Everyone, don’t forget you can TM Frustration away from your Shadows atm.

3 Likes

Wish I could ‘like’ that a thousand times. Every year it seems like an unending wait to free our saved shadows from frustration. And as tedious as it is to wait a month for the next 2x-transfer-candy spotlight hour when I miss one of those, I’d really hate to miss the annual frustration-ending event. :+1: :+1: :+1: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: