Latias is returning as a Raid Boss for a Raid Weekend

Latias is coming back for the weekend, and is now Shiny-capable.

https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/weekendraid2019-latias/

I wasn’t sure where to post this, but dang…

1 Like

wat

1 Like

spends 100 dollars worth of raid passes, lucky eggs, star pieces, and incubators

3 Likes

Right? It almost flew under the radar because I only just noticed it on Twitter.

1 Like

Well, I wasn’t planning on 400-500K xp this weekend but it’s looking like it may happen.

2 Likes

My only goal is to record at least one successful Raid and catch on tape. Latios is one of the few Legendaries I caught I didn’t catch on video.

Latias this weekend and Latios on a later weekend.

A chance for goofs like me to catch one or two. Hopefully a few other area trainers still have some appetite for them.

Of course, I’m most looking forward to Rayquaza having a return engagement, though, whenever that might come.

3 Likes

I originally was thinking that Rayquaza was going to have a two-week stint of his own either once Dialga’s reign was over, presumably by the end of March, but there’s also Regigigas as well. [shrug.]

2 Likes

doesnt get shiny

2 Likes

I wont be chasing Latias this weekend. The bad run with Palkia has sapped all enthusiasm to chase multiple Raids using up Premium Passes atm. I couldn’t care less about a Shiny one either. I’ll just wait for the special day with 5 free Passes.
The only thing that could change this is an exceptional value Ultra Box loaded with Premium Passes.

1 Like

I think that this is the special day(s) because it said that latios will be receiving it seperate one, and with the addition of the shiny, I find it unlikely that the duo will get a 3 hour raid sesh with a special move

I would expect that to be so, since the announcement says NOTHING about any special moves. And it says 3 days, not 3 hours.

1 Like

Oh well, I’ll miss out and don’t care if true.
I miss out on so much stuff already what’s another thing.

2 Likes

Don’t let yourself get too down about things. After all, I didn’t give up after how Mewtwo for me turned out. I’m just holding off for his inevitable return to hopefully get a better one. Same goes for Raikou, but I only caught 7 out of 8 of them.

After all, you miss all of the shots you don’t fire.

1 Like

Yay. I cant do any single raid this weekend.

Second best double dragon moveset, and a decent double psychic moveset, and the shiny looks incredible, another golden shiny yet again.

40%20PM

1 Like

Fun fact. If you invert the colours, shiny latias looks like regular Latios and regular latias looks like shiny latios

3 Likes

Cool shiny, too bad Ive wanted to save coins for Rayquaza

1 Like

Shiny Latias looks awesome. Too bad its not very good stats wise. Gonna raid it alot till i get the shiny.
Again a very short notice time, but atleast it lasts 3 days…

I dont like that they combine this with Clampearl research day either. I gotta work from saturday till tuesday. Atleast if they spread it out over a few weekends theres a chance people who work on weekends dont miss everything.

1 Like

Latias has been quite solid in my campaigns against Palkia, so I wouldn’t dismiss it too much. There will be worse Dragons. [looks at Gen 5.]