How was Your Community day

Not a massive amount of excitement about this CD for me apart from wanting to get 2x more 100% to complete the Family of 100%ers.
I planned to sacrifice 1hr of double time pay work to play for 2hrs. Had to cut that time short after 45min after getting a phone call to pick mum up and take her to hospital to visit dad as he wasn’t getting out as originally intended.
I got my 2x 100% in that that time and as it turns out plenty of shiny.
Summary
79 caught
8x Shiny
2x 100% including one being a shundo.
All up a better than average result for the time invested.

3 Likes

I loved CDs when I had most weekends free. The temptation to blow off work is usually frustrating now, any time a CD comes up. Sewaddle makes it easier, because I have zero interest in it. And it’s extra handy now that we have a heat wave forecast all weekend.

I hope @NotanotherKangaskhan 's dad’s condition improves enough to be discharged from hospital soon.

2 Likes

Caught a good bunch of Jorms for sure, would have played for the entirety of the event if I had the time to do so but unfortunately only really could play for an hour or so, still did pretty decent netting a total of 17 shinies so I cannot complain! Much better Community Day than the last two. I don’t honestly understand why this event is perceived so badly, since it actually introduced a new Shiny. I had little interest in Beldum, Ponyta, etc since the former already had a CD before and the latter is just not interesting anymore either.

3 Likes

Things wound up being quite quiet around here since noon, and I was able to chase shinies for an hour. The shiny haul:

• Alt: 1 shiny Zamazenta
  • Main: 9 shiny Sewaddles and a shiny Shinx

Sister was annoyingly prolific once again: 10 shiny Sewaddles, a shiny Shinx, a shiny Absol, and a shiny Zamazenta. Her luck drives me up the wall.

4 Likes

Thanks for your kind thoughts @vorgriff3 re: my dad. He got out today to go home and rest as the Drs said there was nothing more they could do. They were at complete loss to find out why his blood pressure kept constantly going from low to high. So many scans and tests and no real answers. He will be much happier at home than in hospital and hopefully starts feeling better soon.

3 Likes

@NotanotherKangaskhan I hope your father makes a quick recovery!

I couldn’t enjoy ponyta’s community day as much as I wanted due to the heat and now it was the heavy rain that lasted for the majority of the event that did it for me…

Still, I managed to catch enough sewaddles and, even though I didn’t find a particularly good one (except for one with high def/hp and mid attack - yes, this was the best…), I got plenty of candy to evolve into 3 Leavanny (I had beedrill as my buddy for the extra push!).

I don’t see Sewaddle often here, so I liked this community day because it gave me a chance to register Leavanny for the first time and I actually like the pokemon, it reminds of the movie “a bug’s life” that I enjoyed as a kid.

I got 4 shinies in total, so I managed to complete the family, as well, which was a relief since it was taking me longer to find shiny ones than in previous community days (again, the rain was playing a big part here!).
Even though the colours of the shiny don’t differ too much from the original, I think the slightly different tone suits very well here. Maybe because Leavanny is a very elegant insect, I don’t know, but I do like it!

3 Likes

I got 6 shinies, evolved 9 Leavanny with Shadow Claw and got 1 from the special research. I mega evolved Venusaur, used incense, took 5 snapshots. All in all, it was a good CD.

4 Likes

If it makes you feel any better, my little brother has a shundo (Mantyke) and I do not have any shundos.

Why do the little siblings always get the good stuff? :sob:

3 Likes

A slick reward for having to endure a lifetime of older siblings’ hand-me-downs? :wink:

2 Likes

:rofl: That has to be it.

Still stinks for the middle child though… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes