How was Your Community day

ayyyy, on my screen the shinies have the color of the shinies… :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I guess the one on the left and the middle on your nearby screen :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I just wanted to have some little fun !!
:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :crazy_face:

1 Like

My guess… :thinking:

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Wow.

Perfect guess, by a perfect player !!

:partying_face: :sunglasses:
:dart:

Weather forecast for today was storm and it was predicted to happen around the time for CD. So I had to act fast to get everything done before the storm. I went straight to the center of my town where there are many spawns, Poke stops and gyms. I used incense and put a lure module. I mega evolved my hundo Swampert to get more Poliwag candies. I bought the special research. I got 7 shiny Poliwag today and I had 2 from before. In the end, I evolved 5 Poliwrath with Counter and got 1 from the special research. My hundo Poliwag became hundo Poliwrath. As for Politoed, I evolved 7 with Ice Beam and got 1 from the special research too. I participated in 2 showcases and got number 1 place on both because no one else plays during CD in my town (while on other days I see some players taking over gyms, but they are mostly from other towns). Then I headed home because the weather started to change. I got home in time before the rain. But it wasn’t a storm just a short summer downpour. I managed to do everything I wanted including taking 5 snapshots so I didn’t do any Poliwhirl raids.

2 Likes

Glad I read this just in time, usually I forget about Mega Evolving during special events :sweat_smile:

I usually only mega evolve during CDs and when I do more raids. I don’t like mega evolving Pokemon when I don’t use them.

It was windy weather here, so no weather boost.
I also mega evolved Swampert for extra candies !!
:sweat_smile:

I had not evolved Poliwhirl in the past because I was stocking the candies and hoping for Community Day to come. It came yesterday, and I evolved him !!

And this has IV spread of 2-15-11, hence is optimal for Ultra League.
:grin:

1 Like

7 Shiny Poliwags, not too much this time but I cannot complain because I had only one before this Community Day. Also won an Egg Incubator from a Poliwrath Showcase.

2 Likes

I transferred all shiny Poliwag, as I don’t like the color of Shiny Poliwrath…

This point is also valid for Swampert and Walrein as well !

5 hundos, and about 50 shinies, got everything I wanted and after evolving still had 1000 Poliwag-candies.

2 Likes

Thirty minutes played between shifts, luring the stop by me and staying at my desk, but walking to the end of the parking lot and back about halfway through (to stimulate some more spawns). Wound up with about 40 Poliwag each (main and alt), and 1 shiny each. Nothing better than the Poliwrath I already had on each, with Mud Slap and Dynamic Punch (better than the CD special move, Scald). Added Power Up Punch to both of them for use against Giovanni.

None of what I had (nor anything that I caught in CD) had IV combinations conducive to GBL. So I transferred virtually everything to the Professor.

Of an hour’s work:
256 candies
40+ XLs
1 shiny (but the family is complete)
I really want August 13th to come.

My CD intentions were more about testing a Route than dedication to Poliwags so I let the GoPlus do the work. Only got to play 1hr 45mins as I had to pick little Miss Kanga at 5pm and where I played was a 45min drive.
Care factor was meh.
All up 261 caught with 11 Shiny and no 100% (no surprises there). No XXL’s big enough to win a Show Case. I now have enough XL Candy to take my 100% L40 Poliwrath to L50 if I want.

Sir, there’s slight mistake here…

Poliwrath’s CD special move was, Counter.
:sweat_smile:

Thank you for the correction. Looks like Counter’s a bit slower than Mud Slap in time-to-first-attack with Dynamic Punch. Not sure how they compare when paired with Power Up Punch.

1 Like

I guess Counter’s damage will outpace the Mud Shot’s high energy generation.

And, Poliwrath vs Poliwrath with the moveset which you had results following :

Counter variant winning up…

2 Likes

:thinking: There are times that getting in a 70% damage attack is better than a 90% damage attack, if the weaker one preempts that stronger one by being quicker.

(The analysis gets pretty complex when all the interactions between mitigating factors are considered, and my mind begs me to stop making work out of play.)

2 Likes

Specially the last sentence, I don’t need exact valuation, only a certain information for not to fall in a trap.

1 Like