GO Fest ‘24: Glories and Grumps

We had pretty good shiny luck, even for it being GO Fest. Alt got the fewest,

Little sister got the most

And Maiin had a bunch

5 Likes

But my personal shiny favorites were the solga-necro and blue tyrunt.

6 Likes

Nice catches, @vorgriff3 ! Especially your sister :scream:

My detailed report is coming soon.

1 Like

Thanks. I don’t mind that she got more shinies and several of the better shinies, as long as she didn’t get the blue tyrunt, too. I’d been wanting that shiny even since the day its non-shiny made its debut. FINALLY got it!!

Apologies for the imprecise presentation. It seems the age filter goes on 24-hour increments from the present time, not by the calendar day. So my screenshots don’t show the whole fest haul, and they show part of the day beforehand.

2 Likes

Yes, you are very right!

3 Likes

Unlikely condition for each, combined to make improbable squared. I have 2 evolved cosmogs (one lunar and one solar), and neither has special background. And getting more Solgaleo or Lunala is about as probable as getting more shiny shadow Mewtwo. :roll_eyes:

So congrats to players who have had the fortune. The rest of us, might as well go back to playing super lotto. I expect our sun to reach Red Giant stage (like Betelgeuse) around the timeframe that all conditions are present again for making the double-special-background necrozma fusion. :thinking: :sleeping: Which is probably right, since it wouldn’t be special if there were 40 Million of 'em…

1 Like

@vorgriff3 I think that the way to get special background Lunala or Solgaleo is it is a single guaranteed drop from the second research story (The Dusk Settles), which is provided by the ticket.

That’s what this article made it sound like, anyway:

So that means that (annoyingly and unfortunately) only people who buy the tickets get the special background Lunala or Solgaleo.

2 Likes

@Liono1001 is right, you get a guaranteed Solgaleo or Lunala with a Background from the Special Research, depending on your choice. This is only once and it is currently impossible to get a Solgaleo or Lunala with the special Background using another method.

So really all that is required is a Necrozma with the Background, which is not guaranteed, but had a high chance anyway.

2 Likes

@Jormdeworm and @Branebs you guys still haven’t sent your report… :wink:

I’m glad that you asked. I didn’t have time to write my detailed report because I’m going to Greece on vacation today and the preparations are taking too much of my time. Maybe when I’m in Greece I’ll find the time I need to write it.

3 Likes

I also said I was going to send a report in for Hoenn Tour, GO Fest 2023, and Sinnoh Tour, though I never ended up actually sending them in :exploding_head::no_mouth:

Will try to actually do it this time :joy:

1 Like

Have fun in Greece!

1 Like

Thanks @Liono1001 :smile:

1 Like

My sister’s trainer finished a special research that gave a cosmog. (It could have been one from 2 years ago, or it could have been last week’s – I wasn’t totally paying attention at the time). But it had the special background (amazing looking, I should have taken a screen snatch before fusing it). The fusion with special background necrozma is worthwhile.

Here’s the dual special result:

2 Likes

That is really strange. It should not be possible to obtain a Cosmog with a special Background as far as I remember, only Solgaleo/Lunala encountered as Solgaleo/Lunala from the Research should be able to have it. Looks like she must have gotten something astronomically special then :sweat_smile: I suppose another Niantic mess up, at least a good one this time.

1 Like

Let me look closer at the dates of the mons in question. She got the cosmog reward this morning, and then the recent research reward to choose Solgaleo or Lunala. After reading your comment, I strongly suspect it came about the way you described. Sorry for the laziness

Did all of the Solgaleo and Lunala from that choose-a-path research get a special background? Or was it another way for Niantic to feel like gods, if they could let their overestimated “random” number generator like everything else…

[ah, oops]

It turns out this morning’s Cosmog capture was my alt, not sister. So her new fusion was definitely from the Solgaleo she got from the choose-a-path reward.
Phew, There are already enough paradoxes and “impossible” behaviors observed in the game; we certainly didn’t need me to introduce another!

2 Likes

Should be guaranteed to come with the Background I believe.

1 Like

Just to confirm what @Jormdeworm said:

I’ll have to take a trip down memory lane and also use my notes, but hopefully my report about GO Fest 2024 is coming soon.

2 Likes