GO Fest ‘24: Glories and Grumps

Just a separate thread for this event so we don’t have to spam the usuals (newest shiny&hundo, Whinge/vent) with random stories, catches, etc. Post your GO Fest 2024 pics and tales here!

1 Like

I found myself during GO Fest. Didn’t know I was a beach enjoying kind of worm though.

3 Likes

Some people search for their whole lives and still don’t find themselves. So congratulations. Do be careful, though, if there is ever another Diet of Worms, lest you lose yourself to some worm-enjoying kind of beach, instead…

3 Likes

Day #1 Update!
Best Necrozma: 96% :man_shrugging:
No shiny Necrozma :frowning:

Best shinies:

Total Shinies:

5 Likes

Also question for you all, do we get to catch Necrozma from Dusk Mane&Dawn Wing Necrozma raids that we finish, or is that replaced by the Cosmog candy?

From what I was told it works similar to Mega Raids, you battle the Dusk Mane and Dawn Wing things and will encounter a regular Necrozma as a reward.

1 Like

I will need help with raids on Day 2 of GO Fest. People just don’t accept my invites and when they do, they run away before the timer counts to zero. I could do only 4 5-star raids, 3 with my alt and 1 remote. Even getting people on Campfire was difficult.

I don’t think I’m friends with you yet in-game, @Branebs. Here is my friend code:

If you send me an invite while I am marked as online tomorrow, I will join.

1 Like

Do you want to get invites or people to join @Branebs? I can do the former, but cannot promise the latter.

Also sorry yeah I did back out almost immediately yesterday, I was snatching only the quickest raids so I could continue as much as possible :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I would like both. I will invite everyone I see online, also I will buy 6 remote raid passes. My goal is to get enough fusion energy for both forms of Necrozma.

2 Likes

Then I’ll invite you a few times. We are probably doing them early on in the day.

@Branebs we are already starting with raids. Dawn Wings for now.

I finally got my shiny Necrozma just now so sadly won’t be joining any remotes but I can still invite you.

I sent you you a heap today but due to time difference you may have been fast asleep so saw none of them.
My Raid pass stock has taken a bit of a hit after 33 Necro Raids. I’ll be holding my coins to restock when they have a decent deal so not Remote Raids for me.
I’ll post a breakdown of how all the Accts went.
One had a very good day, not my main.

No Paid Ticket play for GoGetStuffedNianshit
In person Raids and mostly GoPlus/Gotcha catches.
Breakdown:
Main - 33 Necro Raids, 2x Shiny, 0x 100%, best IV 98%
Tasks & Wild Catches - 3x Shiny, 0x 100%

Alt 1 - 33 Necro Raids, 0x Shiny, 0x 100%, best IV 98%
Tasks & Wild Catches - 1x Shiny, 0x 100%

Alt 2 - 33 Necro Raids, 0x Shiny, 0x 100%, best IV 96%
Tasks & Wild Catches - 1x Shiny, 0x 100%

Alt 3 - 33 Necro Raids, 1x Shiny, 1x 100%
Tasks & Wild Catches, 0x Shiny, 0x 100%
The Shiny Necro was as 98%

1 Like

I will hopefully not forget to make a detailed breakdown this time, unlike the past two big events. In short, it was a great event and I’m happy.

1 Like

Here’s a shiny I got from this year’s event…

…which set me wondering about how many other letters I still need for the complete Unown Dex…

It turns out I’m still missing C , K , Q , W , Z , ! , and ?.

So - I’ve written to Niantic to implore them to chose a strict theme of WATERFOWL only type Pokemon for next years GoFest and to make the available Unowns spell out QWACKZ!?! :rofl:

I’ll let you know when then reply :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Unfortunately, I think due to time zone difference, I didn’t get any invites from @Branebs and he wasn’t online when I was doing any in-person raids I could invite him to. Sorry I couldn’t help after all!

Today went decidedly better than yesterday, at least in a quality over quantity sense:

The lower CP shiny is a two star, but here is the higher CP shiny (with the special background, for what it’s worth)

Also got a random four star Litwick, which is fine by me. :candle::fire::ghost:

2 Likes

If you Fuse a Necrozma with a special background with a Solgaleo/Lunala with a special background you’ll get a combined special background, it looks awesome. We were hunting a shiny with a background here too, I didn’t get one sadly.

2 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes