Collectors vs. Fighters (and in between)

Normally in the areas where I play there are practically untouched gyms where you just battle it once, slap a Pokémon in it and be guaranteed 50 coins

1 Like

1 Like

Exactly… and it doesn’t bother me…
I f they don’t change the system to get them, I will not have them, it’s quite simple

The only one I have is a Mewtwo. An invitation is not for to stay clean in your principles… I’ve done it, I have it, but that’s it

Used to be collector never battling gyms. Now i’m Pokemon Master. I do everything. i catch them all, i train them, i battle, i raid. It’ better to be well rounded than to focus on one thing.

2 Likes

I know very well that I loose a part of the game. But like Rural players who can’t do it, because there are no others, you can be in the city and don’t want others.

spoof then and enjoy the game instead of complaining.

Complainig? You really don’t understand nothing

1 Like

ii i dont reallly have to, i skimmed this topic and my stats dwarf yours. Keep enjoying your collecting. Bet your dex not 50% done.

What do you think, if we left it in this point? I like to enjoy this webside, and I don’t want to fight with you, ok?

1 Like

Where is he complaining

He’s not complaining, he’s bragging. There’s a difference, but neither are particularly fun to listen to.

1 Like

One guy in my local raid group got this:

I have 6…

2 Likes

Saying rural players cant do something is complaining. All players are equal. We start all same level. We all gotta go outside and saying you must play a certain way cause you don’t want to travel like Ash is complaining.

Playing the game like Ash would make you end with measly 50 Pokémon in your dex after a year

Jokes aside, no they arent, some can just walk a bit and do a raid, others have to walk a lot more and then cant even beat stronger raid bosses

1 Like

im rural an play when i can. But to define yourself and say you can’t cause of where you live is complaining.

I live in a pretty rural town, but gladly, it’s also a rather touristic medieval town. So a bunch of Ingress players had a great time adding dozens of portals around here. And I know dozens of other locations that could be added as well. There’s about 13 gyms in the area, 4 of them within the citywalls, 4 more still at walking distance and the other 5 are upto 15 minutes on bicycle from the towncentre (the ones that are furthest apart are also 25-30 minutes on bicycle apart).

Only drawback here: those Ingress players quit, the dominating faction is blue (meaning new players can only pick green around here), which consists of a pair of high level travelers, who basically cover the region in massive fields (which means new players, who are without exception green-team, can’t do shit to ever level up). So there won’t be new stops or gyms here for a long while since leveling is terribly slow when you can’t level up. And I don’t even live in Russia, where even larger regions are simply blocked out for players to play.

But seeing the barren suburbs here, I can totally imagine other rural players having it even worse, with no pokestops within miles. Unless Niantic somehow adds a feature to add Pokestops through PoGo, things won’t improve for rural players.

Last year we travelled to Yellowstone - bison core territory. Not a single Tauros in 3 weeks ! We were quite disappointed as it was not supposed to be that rare. On our way back to Europe from LV, we stopped over in San Fran and actually did manage to catch one at the airport.
Although useless as a fighter it is a great collectors item for us.

2 Likes

I don’t favor one over the other, I’m both Collector and Gym Battler.

5 Likes

Just wait for PvP to get added to the game, with its matching medals. Gold medal: battle 500 different trainers. :laughing: