55. Showcase Scores

Let’s see, maybe an idea for a new internal competition.
I’ve read the article how the points for showcases are calculated. And mathematical formulae allways have activated my mind. So I have prepared an Excel-Sheet which does this work for me.
Today I was near to a Showcase-Stop for Vulpix and have given it a try.

1. I have calculated 712,7 points, the Stop told me 710.
  2. My sheet gave 574,4 points, the Stop gave 572.

In the article they explained that the app use the real height and weight (apart of the IV), meanwhile we can only use the data seen on screen, and that this allways gave a difference in the result.

Well, the idea is we could make a thread, where every week a Pokemon is protagonist, all who want to participate send me a post with the screenshot and the IV of this particular Pokémon. I calculate the points and publish the clasification.

Or, more easy for me, I publish how to calculate and you send the results…

Tell me what you think…

1 Like

Sounds interesting… I’m in! :grinning:

After turning around all night my mind has changed the idea…

At the end the calculation is a normalization of height, weight and IV.
The height can give you a maximum score of 800 points.
The weight a maximum of 150 points and IV another 50 points.

So the best of all Pokémon in all types will be a Hundo XXL which gives 1000 points.
I would like to call them THOUSANDOS.

So, instead of making a competition for every type of Pokémon, it will be more interesting to search, between all of us, if we are able to find one of these Thousandos, which will be more rare than anything else in this game.

1 Like

I have precisely 1 XXL 4* Pokémon…

Tada, my THOUSANDO Hoppip!

(Unless, of course, it’s not heavy enough :man_shrugging:t2:)

2 Likes

It’s not high enough (742,8) and not heavy enough (122,7) … it gives me a score of 915.5 points.

But shurely it will be very good in a Hoppip Showcase. :clap: :clap:

Maybe you can feed him and he grows a little bit… :joy:

1 Like

Oh noes! Now I am a little sad :cry:

… not really :rofl:… I’ll just have to keep catching to get one :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I have 2

2 Likes

1 Like

Well, let’s see…
The Drifloon gives a score of 949.1 points, very good

But the Pikipek has a score of 1239.5 points :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:
I have to investigate, this is completely out of range.

2 Likes

Now the second round:

The Quaxly has a score of 844.3 points.

The Weedle has 875.4 points.

And the Litleo has a score of 903.8 points.

They are good, but not extraordinary.

1 Like

No idea what has happened with the Pikipek… for today it’s late, tomorrow I will look more deeply what has happened.

Yeah, I found the error… Instead of 0.3 m and 1.2 kg as media, I had copied 0.2 m and 1.3 kg. :zipper_mouth_face:
The new and correct score for this Pokémon is 881.4 points.

It’s never a good idea coming home from some beers with friends trying to respond rapidly to the things in the web… :pray: :pray:

2 Likes

I think it’s better I move these things to a new thread…

Maybe later we have to limit to the best 20 or 30, or only for the best of every player…

2 Likes

I’ve ignored xxl 100’s on the Map that I already had the Family line.
Might have to rethink that?

1 Like

Does it have to be a hundo to qualify for this table?

I have some XXL 90+%ers that claim to be my tallest or heaviest - might they get a higher score when the three elements are calculated?

For example:

I have no problem to accept them. The only thing is, it can be never a Thousando, because it can’t reach 50 points for it’s IV.

In this case it gave 703,4+103,3+47,8=854,5

1 Like

Got an XXL Sableye, but with bad IV (3/0/10)… gives a score of 915.6

Today I made running down of my Pokébag in one account, and the scores go from 386,2 up to 926,8… the highest not so bad. But now I understand why I don’t win in the Showcases. :man_shrugging:

I put this Slowpoke in a Showcase today…

…despite this huge score, I suspect it’s still not a THOU-DO using the formula for the chart above :arrow_up: :man_shrugging:t2:

There was some discussion about something being broken when it came to calculating the same Pokémon from other regions.
It’s what there was no Wooper show case on it’s CD. Maybe they thought they fixed it?