What do you think the Kanto event will be about?

I think it’ll be about Gen 1 shinys being released, though I hope it’ll be Unown letters K A N T O being spawned worldwide ( like in events)

I really doubt it will have anything to do with unown given the fact unown is from Johto, but I don’t care what they do, I’ll be happy regardless

Seems like a good opportunity to roll out the shiny versions of a lot of the more common mons from gen 1 that wouldn’t be worth a community day event

More shinies from gen1 and higher rate of shinies.

1 Like

No, please make them harder to get, if all the common Pokémon get shinies at the same rate as it is now it wouldn’t be difficult to average a shiny a day. And you want to make them more common?

1 Like

Fully agree, having played the main series games for many, many years, I only ever encountered one shiny (that wasn’t a red Gyarados in Pokemon Gold). I never hunted them, but finding that one felt like such an achievement. Definitely shouldn’t make them easier to find. Keep the high spawn rates for Community Day only.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m actually a shiny hunter in games and I can tell you that a shiny in Pokémon Go will never feel as special unless they decrease the rate drastically, but I don’t even want a drastic change, make it around 1/1000 to make them challenging but obtainable

I have seen over 1000 magikarp and still not a shiny yet halloween ghosts are like 400+ still no shiny for them also

Just curious, but how many of those Pokémon were caught before their shiny variant was released? Magikarp was out for a year before it’s shiny was available and shuppet’s shiny wasn’t available until the last day of the Halloween event

Agreed, I really don’t like the shiny system in PoGo. I have been playing the main series game for more than 15 years now and only shiny i found was bellsprout and zubat and I was proud ever since. Shiny should really be like a once in a life thing. I indeed went for a shiny Lugia hunt but I hate people talking like “did you found the shiny?” Nobody should hunt and expect a shiny, the rate was 1/8192 after all

1 Like

I mean, I’m the games you should expect a shiny, just not on your first try, I’m currently soft resetting for shiny castform in Omega Ruby. If I didn’t expect to get it eventually I wouldn’t be doing it in the first place. But I’m over 20 hours into the hunt so it shouldn’t be easy, I absolutely agree with you.

1 Like

Wow, that’s a lot of effort that I lack of XD. Shiny is always a surprise for me, never tried to S/L for it. Good luck to you!

1 Like

well is the 10th and nothing happened

Events always start at 1:00 PST, just be patient for another seven hours