The ultimate prankster

Thought I was catching Pokemon I needed candy for then they turned into this.
Edit: the current ditto count for me now is seven.

3 Likes

I too have gotten a few Ditto today, but I don’t need them, except for the Croagunk Research tasks.

1 Like

Yup. Caught a bunch of Ditto today.

High flee rate on the purple blob

1 Like

If you encounter it in the wild and it despawns while you’re busy catching other Pokémon or raiding, does that count as a Seen but not Caught? Or does it only do that for the first encounter?

(I have had several Pokémon show “Seen 1 Caught 0” when I didn’t recall encountering one yet, and several show that when I clearly recall seeing them, but only once, defending a gym.)

I wouldn’t think it counts but can’t be sure to conclusively rule it out.

1 Like

Last night was the worst – I tried catching everything I saw and succeeded in catching several dozen (with only a few fleeing), and it seemed like nearly half of them wound up being Ditto. From Sudowoodo to Voltorb to Foongus … seemed like even the Weedles, Ledybas and Hoppips were Dittos.

And I just KNOW that if I got a “Catch 3 Dittos” research task, I wouldn’t see another Ditto for over a week. :smirk::laughing:

[edited to fix “Ledybugs” to “Ledybas”]

1 Like

If you mean you “encounter” it at your catch screen but you fail to catch it, that counts as 1 more seen but 0 more caught.

If you see some Pokémon in the gym but you don’t have them in your dex, those count as seen too.

1 Like

Thanks. That has a scent of truth to it. My description was middle-aged-fuzzy-memory of anecdotal experiences, at best.

Joke was on me – 8 more Dittos in an hour of play tonight. :laughing:

1 Like

Are you sure? Because Sudowoodo can’t be a Ditto.

That’s what I thought, too. I only recall it happening once, though; so it’s possible I am mistaken. But I recall being very unpleasantly surprised.

That’s odd. I also have had a Ditto run away but it counted as a Voltorb that ran away, not as a Ditto.

I’ve just caught my 100th Ditto! :100: And I have 100% catch rate! :100:

2 Likes

It doesn’t turn into a Ditto until after you catch it.

1 Like

That’s interesting @bobbyjack8.
So how do I get such a busted number in my screen shot above?
I just figured it was due to my Go Plus catch fails as Ditto often takes serval balls.

It has to mean when we encounter a Ditto, the “seen” counter is incremented for Ditto, not what it is pretending to be.

I don’t use a GoPlus

1 Like