This one literally tells you the IVs in all three stats, its that easy

3 Likes

To calculate the percentage though, use
(A+D+S)/45*100%
Where A=attack iv’s
D=Defense iv’s
S=Stamina iv’s

2 Likes

Stars show you the percentage range but thats entirely useless when you have access to the stats directly imo

2 Likes

You’re reading it far too much.

The stars act as a quality range, while the true measurements are in the Attack, Defense and HP bar graphs.

1 Like

It´s easy:
Each bar has 3 sections. Each section is valued at 5. So more to the right the better it is.
If the 3 bars are onto the right you will get a 3 stars with a red background. That means it´s a 100%.
The new system is better since you know what the pokemon has. For example: for a PvP you will want the attack and defense to be higher, so HP can be 2 if the others are 15.
For a gym you can want a defense and hp.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Share Pokémon GO Codes & Add Friends (Official Megathread)

Wrong entirely

1. For gym defense you still want all three stats
  2. For PvP, you usually need specific IVs that give it the highest possible level - this often means going 7-15-15 or alike

Idk if this will help you or not, but here is the breakdown of the bars, that way it’ll be easier to figure out the ivs

9 Likes

Thanks for the help everyone. It sounds like you’re saying the overall rating is still separate from the stats rating and I gotta do the math myself. But even if I do that, I still won’t know what the cutoffs are for comparing this to the old system. Let’s say I calculate a percentage like @Brobraam said. How do I know if that percentage would have yielded the best response from my team leader in the old system? Would it be a favorite-worthy value if it’s over 90% or over 95% or what?

If it has 3 stars and one of the stats are full, that would be equal to what you were using before.

1 Like

3 stars (including 4 stars) equal to amaze (Valor), wonder (Mystic), best of them (Instinct)

@Mew1 - I wasn’t confused about the overall rating part, just the stats part

Then those graphs from @Ryan21 should give very precise IV percentage for each Pokémon caught.

Stats are the only important thing, the reason people used percentages was to approximate the IVs - now you know the exact, no need for it

If it is 82% or higher

1 Like

I don’t understand where the confusion is?
The new appraisal gives you the exact now. No more averages or ranges.

2 Likes

If stats are the only important thing, why did the old system have both an “overall” rating and a “stats” rating?

I need a way to map the old system to the new system if I want to keep my standards consistent. Since the stats used to be judged on a scale of 0 to 3 and now they’re separated out but if they’re combined they could be considered to be on a scale of 0 to 45, what does a 3 in the old system mean for the new system? 35 or greater? 40 or greater?

What do you mean by “a 3 in the old system”? Do you mean amaze (Valor), wonder (Mystic), best of them (Instinct)?

What are you talking about, the overall ranking is literally the sum of individual IVs