Stardust, the real money in PoGo

@bagguille I completely agree with you in every way

1 Like

I rarely do raids to, for instance the first raid I did in weeks was a four star, in which two other people showed up for. I was soooo happy to do that raid, and other people do hundreds.

1 Like

Exactly, for example I have two Mewto, but it’s because I have made a Solo-Raid, got the invitations, and in this cases there are a lot of players which accept you.

But in the day by day, you came to the Gym, and there’s nobody else…

I would hate it if you could buy dust. It would be very much Pay to Win.
It’s never been easier to Grind Dust in the game than it now. Weather boosted for extra, Star Pieces for extra, Throw Berries at Gyms for extra and now Quests that give Star Dust.
You still have to work for it but it much easier to build it quicker than when the game first started.

9 Likes

Maybe your right, but there’s another way out of this. Give a little bit more of it, maybe a 15 or 20 %. In a large scale of time this would change a lot and on the other hand not so much.

I think the initial value of this variable was not correct. It was calculated by the needs in the beginner levels, but because there was no experience of the middle game, it was too low.

In the same way, for higher level players the problem disappear again. It’s only nerving when you are between level 30 and 40.

I agree. Before, you only get stardust from catching Pokemon (100 each, regardless if it evolved), and hatching eggs. I had to grind on double dust event to even have a good amount of stardust.

1 Like

I forgot the Extra Dust for catching Evolution’s too.

I agree, where I live there are a lot of people who chase down 100% Pokémon using trackers and their perfects are in the hundreds. They would no doubt spend money on stardust and have a completely broken team. At the moment they have to at least choose which Pokémon they want to power up.

it is simple, the game should not reward you with the most valuable thing in the game because you feel like it. this game needs more of a differential if you ask me, im level 40 and I have caught 80k+ mons. I don’t play much more than the average person, have two jobs and work up to 60 hours per week, less than two hours on weekdays, sometimes less than an hour, on weekends, I will play sometimes up to 5 hours, but very rarely. this game needs more of a way to spread out the people who are actually dedicated to playing than rewarding people for casual play.

4 Likes

A valuable way to see the things, yes.

But how we have to think, from the point of view of a producer, or from the side of a player?

Those urbans need the dust to power up there 100iv legends

I think Niantic could atleast increase the base stardust gain per catch to 200. I really like to see variety in game, that’s why I only keep a max of 3 of the same Pokemon. There’s even a Glalie and a mighty Scizor on my Latias team. I was lucky enough to caught a lvl 30 Snorunt with decent IV, and as much as I would like to power him up to max, why would I when I still got some meta kings to power up? Kinda bothers me…whenever I see a gym with Blisseys, Snorlaxes and Dragonites, I won’t battle it because I’m bored of these pokemon already hahaha. And when I see a gym with different stuff in it, like an Aerodactyl or Ursaring…I battle it only once, just because it’s fun to counter something else.
I think if we got more dust, we would see some variety ingame. I mean, Steelix and Poliwrath are awesome defenders, but we don’t often see them shine on a gym.

1 Like

If they give us more Dust people will just use it on more of the same things to put in Gyms, not on Steelix or Poliwrath. Yes a big Stelix is underrated as a Gym pest.

2 Likes

Doesn’t every one need dust to power up there 100 IV legends?

I think this is pretty fair idea. As making it 200 base would help alot of the casual playerbase and could lead to powering up lesser used mons. At the lease they could do 150 to test it

1 Like

I mean i cant get 100iv legends

Bad luck it happens to us all.

“NotanotherKangaskhan” - what does that mean?? I live in The USA… Don’t know where you’re from?? But we’ve NEVER even had a chance at a Kangaskhan!
:pensive::confused:

Kangaskhan is regional. I think it is in Australia but I’m not sure