Spotlight hour

I spent the whole hour trying to get a shiny zubat and the last one i caught at 659 pm was a shiny. I am a shiny collector and ove every evolution if at all possible but this last spitlight got me upset. Anyone else have this problem?

You can’t expect to get a shiny every spotlight hour. Shiny rate is not as high as on the community day. I never get shinies during spotlight hour.

2 Likes

The shiny rates for Spotlight Hour are not increased.

1 Like

The only shinies I get during spotlight hour seem to happen when I click everything I can, and only throw any balls at shinies. (Just reject anything not a shiny.) And even that doesn’t guarantee a shiny.

Most of us have seen some stark disparities in shiny rates (among different mons in our own bag, and also among different players in the same play group).

They should be increased because its a whole hour of catching 1 Pokémon i mean hello…

The chance isn’t higher per-encounter, but is higher overall due to having so many more encounters. A hundred encounters naturally has twice the shiny chance of fifty encounters.

1 Like

I played one of the Shiny boosted Spotlight Hours (Alolan Meowth I believe) and while it is fun, I don’t think there is much need for a Shiny boost since you can easily do 400+ encounters. I ended up getting 12 shinies in that one hour, so if every Spotlight Hour had similar shiny odds I think it’d make the game way too easy and it would be extremely damaging to the game in the long run as there would just be no more rare shinies aside from the ones locked in eggs.

spotlight hour are not increased

Shure? And why I find more shinies than in any other moment? And I don’t only talk about the featured Pokémon. In this hours I catch everything around me, and counting after I have more than 50 shinies, that doesn’t happen in other days…

Did you possibly confuse Spotlight Hour for Community Days, @bagguille :sweat_smile:

1 Like

NO WAY… Hahaha, I’m nearly shure that your right, beg the pardon to all, especially to @Jimi_Pook

1 Like