[spoilers] New Sword and Shield Pokemon! GEN 8!

I think that’s what a lot of folks are upset about. How can people decide if they want to buy it without the correct information? I mean, here we are 48 hours away from being able to have a copy in hand and they haven’t even officially announced the version exclusives. How would anyone know which version they wanted without leaks? lol

Anyway. Some think that the leakers/streamers were using a corrupted copies or that they might not have been optimized, which made it look worse. Here’s hoping that’s true. :wink:

1 Like

They forget that they built every game first in the engine of the previous game. Gen 3 is built in gen 2 engine, gen 4 is built in gen 3, etcetera. But later in the process of making the game they upgrade a lot of the graphics or designs.

1 Like

I think most level-headed fans understand that. The problem is that we were told that they couldn’t include as many Pokemon due to how long it would take to update the animations for the new system. So far, they don’t look very updated, especially some of the attacks. Surf, for example, is laughable. Let’s Go did a better job, to be honest. lol

Not trying to pile on though. Like I said, I’m still hyped and will spend countless hours playing the Hell out of this game. :smiley:

1 Like

The reviews are out and it’s doing really well, if that matters to you. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry but a review that calls them the best Pokémon games in years despite having all of these issues is not trust worthy to me lol
No matter how hard I look, I just couldnt find an aspect where would this game beat games like BW or Platinum (besides graphics)

1 Like

imagehttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vPI3cuOsKX0

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t understand some of the reviews. I see the scores (9/10, 4.5/5.0, etc), but then I read them and they say things like “it’s not a BAD game”, “it’s a pretty good game”, or “fun, but not as deep as I’d hoped” … which sound more like a 7.0/10.0 or 3/5, to be honest. lol

2 Likes

Yeah, when I read that list I did think to myself “Well, they are kind of cherry picking here.” …

That and there are a lot of people out there that just seem to not want to like the game. lol

1 Like

He uses Dragon Quest XI in his video and calls it part of a trailer, but that’s not correct. That’s the actual gameplay. I’ve sunk 90 hours into that game. It’s amazing and has beautiful graphics. It’s what I use when I say “Well, Pokemon should be able to do this too …” … :wink:

I’m still hoping that the leakers/streamers just had messed up versions since some of them hacked it.

1 Like

IGN: yes there are some flaws in the game but that would be nickpicking. 9.3 out of 10

1 Like

Honestly? I look at this entire thing as having two friends who were dating, then broke up, and now talk trash about each other.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

It’s not going to be the perfect Pokemon game that hardcore apologists are hoping for. Conversely, it’s not going to be the absolute trash that vitriol filled trolls think it’s going to be either.

It’s … probably going to be somewhere in the middle. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It will probably be in the middle. Some people probably had way to high expectations for a Pokémon game on the switch (the haters) and others are probably just excited that there is another Pokémon game out and are willing to ignore/look over the flaws (the defenders) so we’re getting only the two extreme views

1 Like

Nope, you wont convince me to watch the guy that recommends Fury Cutter Venusaur-Mega

2 Likes

Almost made a separate thread to talk about the game. Still might. lol

1 Like

Ok. I just beat gym 2. Before gym 1 I had: level 23 Kirlia (male). Before gym 2 I had: level 25 sirfetch’d

1 Like

My son evolved his scorbunny all the way to Cinderace yesterday.

2 Likes

When I beat the game, my team was:

Inteleon
Hatterene
Toxtricity
Coalossal
Tsareena
Lucario

2 Likes

Ive caught 2 G-Max Mons already, Centiskorch and Corviknight, but Ive seen no Butterfree yet

2 Likes

My team:

Rillaboom
Rapidash (Galarian)
Toxtricity
Corviknight
Drednaw
Dragapult

Kind of stumbled on this team, but it proved quite well.

2 Likes

Beyond the main 6, Corvikinght and Dragapult also get a lot of use for me.

Thanks to the surprise trade, I do now have all three starters. :smiley: