[spoilers] New Sword and Shield Pokemon! GEN 8!

Incredibly disappointing - the main reason I didnt mind the cut was hope that we would at the very least get more than in any game before - but its still 50 Pokémon shy of XY, despite having no natdex

1 Like

I’m hoping for DLC, events, raids, etc for new additions over time. I mean, they cut HALF the dex! lol

1 Like

And that’s excluding the 48 Megas (which were essentially meant to be extra evolutions that arent permanent)

1 Like

Now - Meltan and Melmetal are missing but were supposedly confirmed? So maybe the hope for 632 Dex remains?

1 Like

@Necrozmadabest it is more than gen 6 introduced

XY had 450 Pokemon, however
And 48 mega evolutions
AND the 270 Pokemon that didnt make the cut

I don’t get what you are saying. XY added 72 pokemon

Yes but the dex had 450 Pokemon
Aaaand you could transfer those that didnt get in
And it had megas

1 Like

Green is in, dark green is Galarian version, white is … out.

2 Likes

Looks like most of the white ones are ones that have been consistently in previous gens, or were in SM and USUM

1 Like

Looks like we’ll be getting 10 potential Galarian forms in Pokemon GO. I wonder what they’ll do with the regionals.

2 Likes

I am also curious if they are adding the new Galarian evos in Go soon too. Obstagoon, Sirfetch’d, Runegrigus, Mr. Rime, etc …

1 Like

I doubt they’ll do that. Those are brand new Gen 8 Pokemon. Only Galarian forms of existing evolutions will be added in my opinion.

1 Like

That would be strange since these versions have evolutions. Why include them now if they’re not going to evolve? lol

1 Like

Another question, is why is meowth getting a galarian form right after an alolan form? I’d rather see another mon get a galarian form

2 Likes

I found that to be an odd choice as well. I guess it’s because there are so many breeds of cats in the world … but the same can be said for dogs, yet there is no Alolan/Galarian Stoutland or Galarian Lycanroc. lol

1 Like

Well, you know that evolutions in Pokemon GO are locked until the generation that has them gets released. For example, we weren’t able to evolve Porygon 2 until Gen 4 became available.

1 Like

That’s true, but then why do Galarian forms at all? I mean, I get the REAL reason why - it’s a Sw&Sh tie-in, but game-wise it makes no sense. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes. The same happened with Alolan forms. No one expected them to be available before the arrival of Gen 7 in Pokemon GO.

1 Like

Yeah, but Alolan forms don’t have new evos, so they didn’t have to worry about that mechanic and it still made sense. Adding Galarian forms with no evos makes far less sense.

Either way, I get it from a marketing perspective, it just doesn’t make a ton of sense game-wise. lol