[Q&A]Which Pokemon should currently have a CP buff/nerf?

Lapras is my favorite too!

I also have an 100 Lapras I caught after the nerf.

I was very disappointed when Lapras was nerffed. I was in the process of Powering up 2 high 80IV’s and around 300CP was stripped over night. I haven’t powered them up any further as there was no point…
I desperately want a 100 or 98% for the collection and have the Candy ready but countless egg hatches or wild catch have failed to give anything better than what I have already.

3 Likes

Ampharos 100%. It’s a great Pokemon and the fact that Larvitar and Mareep as equally rare I feel they should be on the same level (or close enough). The game is in need of a strong, non-legendary electric type. I also think the Lapras nerf was a bad idea. Lapras was an incredible ice type in the original games, but I just haven’t powered any of mine up because it’s not worth it.

Just a quick list of nerfs/buffs (IMO):

Buff:
Jolteon
Pinsir
Machamp
Hariyama
Gengar
Lapras
Any of the Regionals

Buff (but a little buff):
MewTwo
Rayquaza
Lugia

Nerf:
Slaking
Blissey
Vaporeon

I don’t think Machamp needs a buff, incredibly strong attacker with the right moveset. I think Vaporeon is fine as it is, but the other eevee-lutions should be around the same level.

Yes Machamp is strong at his current max CP, but the game lacks a powerful fighting type. Given that the 2 most common defenders (Slaking and Blissey) are both pure normal types, I feel that either they need a nerf or Machamp/Hariyama/Heracross needs a buff. Vaporeon (I feel) needs a nerf just because he’s kinda useless most of the time. That’s why I also feel that Jolteon and Umbreon should get buffs to 28/2900 cp.

I agree but Umbreon should get a large buff and Heracross is already overpowered. Taouors is alwul and serves no place in the meta. Should get a buff along with farfetched.

Buffing Fatfetched and Tauros? let’s be real and accept that some pokemon are weaker (and should be) than others, these are 2 of those. Buffing for the sake of buffin to make every mon as strong as the other is not good.

1 Like

Dont nerf vaporeon! Just make the other eevolutions also that strong.

Look, is it easier to nerf one Pokémon or buff 5 others?

Yeah but dont make vaporeon weaker. He is the only one who can come close to dragonite.

Buff: Lapras,Fire types,Flygon Rayquaza Nerf : Blissey ( her health, not her CP)

2 Likes

I think they should buff umbreon and jolteon and really nerf blissey’s cp

1 Like

One thing that would help Lapras is if they implement status effects, because Lapras can use many non-damaging attacks in the original games (like Sing)

This is my list.

Buff:

• Wailord
  • Steelix
  • Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise
  • Gengar (light buff)
  • Arcanine
  • Poliwrath
  • Claydol (light buff)
  • Camerupt
  • Nidoqueen, Nidoking (light buff)
  • Umbreon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon
  • Aerodactyl
  • Tauros
  • Lapras

Nerf:

• Vaporeon
  • Blissey
  • Machamp
1 Like

Why should they nerf Machamp?

I believe he’s unnecessary overpowered.
I get it he’s a fighting type and offense is their specialty, but I find him very easy to take down gym with. As long as you are up to a defender that is type neutral or better. But even if you have type disadvantage, you can still deal a decent amount of damage.

I get it now.

Lol. Gengar? I have a gengar 2200~ cp and dont nerf vaporeon or machamp

1 Like