Pokemon Art

There’s a shiny Nickel in it for you if you finish

1 Like

Gimme my shiny nickel, dude …

6 Likes

Your nickel will be sent by UPS you can expect it by August 22nd 2023 your tracking number is lol

5 Likes

Seven new Gen 8 Pokemon revealed this morning. Can’t wait to draw them. :smiley:

2 Likes

A little thing I’ve been working on.

EDIT: Colored it, didn’t take as long as I thought it would.

6 Likes

Sorry for the double post, but here’s the final product, and I think it deserved its own post:

Lineart done in Adobe Illustrator CC 2019. Everything else was done in Adobe Photoshop CC 2019.

6 Likes

Cool art like that is worth a double post.

3 Likes

Looks awesome, man! If cresselia ever comes back to raids, may i use that picture for my local whatsapp group image?

1 Like

Sure, but give credit where credit is due. You can link people here: https://www.deviantart.com/jason-de-lepee/art/The-Lunar-Pokemon-807088303

2 Likes

So I bought this book, ‘How To Draw Pokemon’ by Ron Zalme, about 20 years ago in 1999, or maybe 2000.

In it Ron explains, with three step instructions, how to make rudimentary pencil sketches of about 25 critters

But I decided I’d draw them on my computer instead. The trouble was I only had a basic free ‘Paint’-type drawing software and an early Wacom-type tablet and pen that wasn’t much better than using a mouse.
The early results were truly terrible…

… aaarggghhh… the files are original bitmaps and it won’t let me upload them here.:disappointed:… I’ll try and covert a few to jpegs and continue this later…
Cheers… :grin:

3 Likes

Try the “Save As” option. That’s what I used to do when I used Paint back in the day.

2 Likes

…Figured it out :slightly_smiling_face:
Anyhoo… as I was saying… my first efforts were DREADFUL…

4 Likes

…and they really didn’t get much better! :wink:

4 Likes

…but they still make me chuckle. Cheers! :grin::nerd_face:

4 Likes

Paint takes a lot of practice to get a grasp on, but with a lot of practice–and a mouse that’s worth a damn–you can really up your quality. Heck, if you look at my DeviantArt gallery to the very early days, it was mainly all done in MS Paint from 2004-2007 until I finally got my hands on Paint Shop Pro. I still did the lineart in MS Paint though, but coloring was done in Paint Shop Pro. Only until within the last two years did I switch to Illustrator and Photoshop.

2 Likes

Keeping this thread alive! I also have some Gen 8 stuff to post soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anyone have any requests?

I will soon be drawing all of Gen 8 when it’s all released, but have also been itching to draw some previous Pokemon as well.

1 Like

Gen 8 it is! lol

2 Likes

I want to see the new wheezing

1 Like

Yesssss. Consider it done, my friend.

1 Like