New levelling system?

Sadly it remains unfair to rural players. Rural players have less resources to work with fewer stops, A lot fewer gyms and most of all a lot less rarer Pokémon spawning. Now ditto can be found hiding as several different forms, finding one is very difficult. Made worse by no maps to help find rarer spawns. Even if they happen hardly anyone finds them

1 Like

You need to add this because it’s logical but if it’s removed

The problem is that they are at disadvantage with every possible mechanic

I like this idea because it’s a good idea @necrzmadabeast thank you for my face

2 Likes

I agree with many of the points and suggestions you make. There are ways to address the imbalance in gameplay. In city Parks they have multiple stops and gyms. Parks of a similar size in rural areas are lucky to get 1 stop and still have no gym. it is not unreasonable to have similar stops and gyms as town parks do. The number one cause for the shortfall is because stops and gyms were placed via Ingress portals. Most ingress players don’t venture outside to rural areas because they don’t find portals to play with. 18 months ago Niantic promised to improve gameplay for rural communities but instead increased stops and gyms in city areas for reasons they wish not to disclose with those who have complained

I have a pokestop near my house but I want someone to buy pokestops you can find them from the wall shop

I as very rural could actually do these tasks

My main worry is people levelling up far too quickly to max level.

Thats why you would have a ton of tasks to do before advancing at later levels
You would start with easy tasks, like catch 5 Pokemon, but later levels could even take you as long as amassing 3m XP used to take
Like cathing 100 normal-types

1 Like

Catching 100 normal-type is quite more easy than get enough XP for any level over 30 in this moment.

2 Likes

that would be just one of them

1 Like

Then you are very fortunate. Many in our group of 20 players never found a shiny Squirtle with glasses and that same thing happens with every event. Some have only just completed the special research for mew. I travel a bit further than most of the group and joined larger group in the nearest city pretty much everyone I talk to has had Mew in their deck after a month

The tasks are rural friendly

What is the worry about people levelling up to quickly. How does that affect you or impact on the game in any way. I am not saying you are not allowed to feel that way. I am interested in your reasoning for that. Your game began the same as everyone else at level 1. You have caught Pokémon, spun stops, battled in gyms to level up. Gathered star dust and candy to power up your deck and you can be proud of your achievements what ever level you have reached. isn’t that what most players are trying to do. Spoofers are just cutting out the hard work and effort legit players go through.

Then you’re not rural.

1 Like

The only thing that needs to be done is a rewrite to the XP curve. That’s all. The amount of XP it takes to get from Level 1 to Level 30 is 10% the XP it takes to go from 1 to 40. That’s objectively bullcrap. Level 30-31 and 31-32 have the same amount of XP then 32-33 is 50% more XP required. If it were smoothed out to something like

-10 million XP to get from 1 to 30 and
-10 million XP to get from 30 to 40
-Extend Level Cap to 50 and take 15 million to go from 40 to 50

It would be a lot simpler and make sense. Same effort needed to get from 1 to 40, but instead of hyperleveling at the beginning then taking forever at the end, it levels you somewhat fast at the start and by the end not being a total drag. With this XP curve change would also be a change to the levelup rewards - levels that are now easier to reach have their rewards made slightly worse (ie removing the nanab berries) while making the levels that are now harder to get to have better rewards (3 super incubators instead of regular incubators for reaching level 30, every tenth level gives as many rare candies as the level, etc)

1 Like

Im really rural
2 gym
4 stops

And? So am I

1 Like

You said im not rural

If you can do these tasks, you’re not rural, by definition.

1 Like