Hi guys, it’s me again. As I now transition from just creating my team and filling pokedex to entering the competitive scene, it saddens me how many cool pokemons are so underpowered.
So, here are the pokemons I wish are buffed:
1. Blastoise - as one of the three original starters, Blastoise is lagging behind from his peers: Charizard and Venusaur. His exclusive move is not that good and for those of us who missed his community day and would probably need to wait 2 more years for a tiny possibility for another one, there is no chance to get a strong Blastoise at all and no incentive to catch a difficult-to-catch Squirtle who’ll just waste your pokeballs.
So I would suggest either of the following: buff his HP and make him more tanky OR make Hydro Cannon a non-legacy move and give him another exclusive move. Everyone who got Hydro Cannon on his community day will be compensated with one Charge TM.
2. Aggron - Aggron is so cool and looks so badass and he is one of the stronger steel pokemons but steel is not that good to begin with especially Aggron who’s double weak to Ground and Fighting and Machamp everywhere due to Blissey. Give him a little boost to HP. Make him the new popular gym defender rather than Blissey. It would make more sense to make a 3-evolved pokemon the threat rather than a 2-evolved one. In return, make Aron a little bit more rare. Him being the gym threat would also make more sense since he’s utterly helpless in Machamp’s hands. Blissey can re-counter Machamp with Dazzling Gleam, Registeel cannot. So he has a direct counter unlike Blissey.
3. Registeel - wtf, this LEGENDARY pokemon is weak-tier. There is a lot of work needed for Registeel. Make him more tanky by boosting both his defense and hp. He can’t be a gym defender but he can be a power-house in pvps. Probably give him a charge skill that has small damage but taunts raid bosses to attack only him for 3 seconds per 15 - 20 seconds or gym defenders per 5 seconds.
4. Granbull - for those of us who would rather not have Gardevoir as our primary fairy pokemon, I would like to ask to buff Granbull for variety purposes. Somehow, I feel like Niantic will give fairy pokemons a fairy quick move in the unforeseeable future but not him. Kindly give him one as well. That is his buff.
5. Umbreon - I really haven’t tried him outside Great League but a lot of people are saying he’s only good there. He’s the worst eeveelotion by a mile. I say buff Umbreon. Give him a little bit more damage.
So guys, do you agree? What do you think of these 5 pokemons?