Lunatone and Solrock - can we expect a migration?

Hi everyone!
I just recently caught my second Lunatone (they are extremely rare here, especially when you play mostly by day), and again got a bit jealous that we can’t catch Solrock here…
Considering that Zangoose and Seviper switched regions once and Minun and Plusle are currently (still) spawning all around the world, after being region exclusive at the beginning…
Do you think we can expect a migration of Lunatone and Solrock in the (near) future?
There was an equinox PoGo event in autumn, and though the spring equinox has already passed, there will be a solstice in June, which sounds like a nice occasion for switching sun and moon themed Pokémon, maybe together with a small event…
Anyone agree? Completely disagree? Better ideas?

3 Likes

PLS NOT YET
DONT HAVE LUNATONE
If niantic does that…

Of course, they might as well wait until next equinox and then do an event where both spawn equally…
I’d even prefer that.

2 Likes

They wiil, as TPCI said that they “Will never be in the same region at the same time”

It would be nice if they add something like they did with the Global Catch Challenge

1 Like

They wiil, as TPCI said that they “Will never be in the same region at the same time”

forgot about this part… :thinking: then they either have to switch or they could both spawn in the event but Lunatone at night and Solrock at day

It would be nice if they add something like they did with the Global Catch Challenge

True, that’s an option.
But personally speaking, I’d prefer them to do these challenges with “real” regional exclusives like Tauros, Heracross, etc. instead of those where they just divided the world map into two parts.
But yeah, I’d love to have another one of those catch challenges with any decent reward, it was great.

3 Likes

I’ve only caught Solrock but I’ve seen Lunatone on nearby screen.

That’s weird, but lucky you.

I have been thinking the same thing for the past few weeks. If a switch was to happen, the summer solstice (June) would be the time I would expect it to happen, since they like events which are not religious holidays. Volbeat and Illumise switching would also be appreciated, likely a different event/time for that to happen though.

1 Like

That’s weird, do you live in the US?

I could be mistaken. I thought I saw Lunatone on my nearby screen but I know I fought it in a gym probably put in by a Spoofer.

I just recently got my first solrock. I don’t think i’d find it.
Personally, I’d expect Volbeat/Illumise first

Or someone on vacation

1 Like

Volbeat is very common around here, so I guess Illumise is just as common in the other half of the world… So, yes, they probably will first do something (not necessarily switch them) about them and keep the rare ones for later… :disappointed:

From North America, I can confirm that.

Got plenty of Illuminase. Would like a Volbeat. Hope they switch them like Plusle and Minum.

This topic was automatically closed after 21 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.