Larvitar confirmed for June CD: Your opinions?

each CD i get 1 good catch, 90% + IV. SO after the next CD everyone will have multiple Tyrannitar (if they didn’t have those yet due to level 4 raids), the chance they get a good one is too low to care about.

And like i said, with level 4 raids having tyrannitars getting one was already too easy. Gen 2 released 15 months ago, who cares if they give away larvitars now?

edit: i get 1 good IV in my 100-125 catches

3 Likes

I can see both sides here. On one hand, I’ve worked hard for my few good Tyranitars and the candy to evolve/power them up, and after the community day that will feel less meaningful. On the other, I don’t want to see more casual players left too far behind on the power curve (especially if PvP is introduced to the game at some point, which I’m actually hoping it isn’t).

What I would prefer from events are movesets or other ways to rebalance/repurpose existing, non-meta relevant pokemon in a way that would make them more useful, expanding the amount of interesting attackers/defenders from the same few ones we see all the time.

Another thing I don’t like about community days with powerful creatures is that it punishes those, who can’t attend it as well as creating a powerful NPE (negative play experience). A friend of mine who missed the Dragonite event is way behind me in power level for some raids just because he had to work on that one day. I’ve been lucky that I’ve managed to have all the community days free this far and by blind luck will have the next one as well, but my luck won’t hold for ever. And if the day that my luck gives out is some meta defining pokemon? Then I’ll be the one way down in power for some raids/taking gyms without being able to do anything about it. It’s not that big of a deal, but it will be annoying as hell. I just hope it won’t be the (completely hypothetical) Chancey or Snorlax community day…

2 Likes

Of course the previous doesn’t even touch the fact that from the way things currently look, the Larvitar community day will make the meta even more stale and one sided, as no rock type attacker will be even close to the power level of CD Tyranitar, meaning there will be even less variety seen in raids and making for even less relevant decisions when building a team.

1 Like

Your very right in all, only one thing to say, up to this CD day you have had (because of your hard work) a ventage over newbies or casual players, and now they have have a chance to regain distances.
So, I’m happy with this. They will not be in front, only gain distance…

2 Likes

They wont gain to much. They wont have the stardust to power it up. Sure you can get a 3k+ TTar by just evolving a high level fresh captured larvitar, but that wont really have a big impact. Ttar is pretty easy to knock out of gyms.
More Ttars for more people will pretty much only mean that its easier to raid. And i dont mind that.

3 Likes

Battle armies of Tyranitar with Bite/Crunch and Bite/Stone Edge will decimate most Raids including MewTwo with the double Dark Move Set.
This will be a chance for others to build up and enjoy what I have had for a long time now. Yes it diminishes the the massive amount of hours and work I’ve put into chasing Larvitar and Tyranitar Raids over a long period of time but everything in the game has been made easier for new and lower level players. It is what it is and you either keep playing or walk away from the game. I wont be walking away.

2 Likes

Im bummed i didnt save my perfect larvitar for this event​:sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

They have to entice lower level players to keep playing and encourage new players to start. Raids were not very good for new players but Community Days and Quests have been great for new players. My kids started playing over a year later than I did and they are close to catching up.

1 Like

hyped hope next is golome or rydon:rofl:

1 Like