Ideas to improve Pokemon Go

Here are some ideas to improve Pokemon Go.

Improving Shiny Pokemon.
I think it would be cool if Niantic added for example one shiny per week. This would keep people hyped about what the next week’s shiny would be. I can’t remember where I saw this, but it’s a perfect idea. A shiny tab in the Pokedex. Maybe in the top right a button that changes to a shiny Pokedex. Only shiny Pokemon you have seen or caught would appear - it could be like a seperate Pokedex for shinies. Shiny Pokemon should also be more common in their respective weather(s).

Improving Gym Battles.
At 23:59 each night all gyms are reset to their neutral state. This means people can get their coins without having Pokemon stuck in gyms. Right now there is the problem that if you put your favourite or strongest Pokemon in a gym and then if you go to battle another gym or raid battle then your Pokemon is unavailable. This is why I think a button that allows you to take your Pokemon back from your gym is a good idea. This button could let you get your coins quicker as well. Alternatively to all gyms being reset at 23:59, maybe motivation should take down a gym. When motivation is low, maybe the Pokemon should be released from the gym about 30 mins to an hour after that.

Improving Raid Battles.
There are three main variables that go into raids. One is the number of players, one is the cp of the raid boss and the third is the timer. If the cp is low, and the number of players is low, then the boss is defeatable. It’s the same if the cp and player count are both high. However if the number of available players in your village/town/city is low, then you are restricted to low cp pokemon to raid. Maybe a better idea would be to increase the timer on lower players count for higher cp boss battles. To the extent where it’s beatable, but challenging enough. It should also be time consuming enough to be better in groups. It would also be nice to see all the old legendaries return at some point, because not all of our groups coordinated well at the start and some of our groups have become strong enough now to defeat what we couldn’t before.

Improving capturing Pokemon.
It would be nice to see new berries and pokeball types added to the game. Some cool examples would include the dusk ball, which gives a better chance of catching a Pokemon than even an Ultra Ball when used at night. It would be cool to see the quick ball, which catches Pokemon better on the first throw. We could see a berry for double Stardust or XP. We could maybe even see the master ball at some point.

Improving access to rural players/players that don’t have any Pokestops or Gyms near them.
It would probably be a good idea to add a spawn point worldwide per S2 cell of some kind. It would have to be relatively small. This could be a good way to allow everyone to catch Pokemon. On a 7 day streak Pokemon catch and/or Pokestop, you obtain an item which allows you to request a Pokestop or Gym. This would be a good way to allow rural players an oppertunity to get Pokestops in their towns, because the current way through ingress is somewhat counter-intuitive because in Ingress to level up you need to have portals, which the most desparate of Pokemon Go players have none of. Having a new way to get Pokestops and Gyms would also be a nice way to add local landmarks that haven’t already been added.

Alternatively to the raid timer system, we could have solo legendaries in the quest system.

Fully disagreed with extending Raid Times for fewer players, but agreed otherwise

I disagree with the raids but everything else is good

1 Like

I like your second idea, but I actually prefer 50 coins per day.

Edit: So now you have to go walk early to get your coins, and then hope you will stay in…
Oh and btw there are time zones in the world, so it isn’t even possible.

the 2nd idea is crap. Imagine the fallout you’d get when everyone gets their mons back just before midnight. Imagine the abuse knowing every gym opens at the same time.
You are forcing players to gym every day where now you can get lucky if you have enough gyms and they drop 1 by one. You’d also ruin gymming in the evening since it will al be for nothing within hours.
No, bad idea, very bad idea even.

Edit: the rest are okay. Raid timers meh, I predict abuse in nonrural areas.

Personally, content > QoL at the moment. The game is getting stale, we need a steady flow of content. Events are nice but temporary.

2 Likes

Though do think about it, if you allow yourself to remove your pokemon, then some people might just remove and put another one in.

i do like that idea. There are times when i’m at home waiting for 1 of my 10 gyms to fall just so i can get my coins,
You shouldn’t be dependent on other teams to get your coins. I always hated that; getting rewarded for being kicked out of a gym… the idea is just stupid. So yes, freely return 1 mon from a gym to collect coins: good idea.

Just don’t neutralize gyms at midnight, that is terrible.

New berries and pokeballs. I like it!
The MasterBall could be obtained by a pokestop 7 day streak. That would make players play everyday. Just my idea. Idk

Put a note to @Yoshi, he is our Power-person for new ideas. With him shurely you will find a good combination of your ideas.

1 Like

@Dinsara92 is even on top of my creativity level. Anyways, I’d like to thank for your appreciation.

@Mapman42 this is a well laid out posts and I appriate your thoughts on this even though wehave different opinions on the sometopics presented. Here are my thoughts on your topic,

Shiny Pokémon: agree they should release more. I’m indifferent on the weather, it would be nice but I do like the rarity aspect as it makes it very rewarding to capture them after you encounter dozens or hundreds of beasts to find that special monster.

Gym Reset: I think this is game breaking idea, it not only makes it harder to get gym XP, it also has potential to mess up the coin distribution, and it destroys all motivation to battle gyms in the evening. It punishes players who have school or work during the day because there is little point in battling late in the day only to have your work wiped away a couple hours later. I think there should some method of recalling your Pokémon, but not s complete reset.

Raid Battles: For the sake of rural player there needs to be tweaks. I don’t think nerfing gym bosses or giving longer timers is the right solution. I think first Niantic needs to improve the raid notification system and somehow tie it in with any gym that you have visited, maybe a reward for getting silver badge, where you get notifications for any gym where you have a silver badge (making sure you can turn notifications on or off for each gym). They also need an in game system where you can communicate with fellow trainers. I think a big issue in rural areas is the lack of coordination. I live in a city of 50K people and we get 3-5 new people joining our raid group on a week basis who all stumble into raids as they are happening. We still have dozens of trainers we see in gyms but nobody has met yet. Fix this communications first then talk about tweaking raids if it’s still needed.

Improved Pokémon capture: I’m again indifferent. Its already a struggle for bag space, and with golden raspberries and ultra balls nothing is overly difficult. Still, it would add a new element to the game so it has potential to add some depth to the game. Definitely merits more conversation.

Rural Play: I don’t think the 7 day streak is viable idea for submitting a stop, it’s to short a timeframe. I live in a fairly rural area and have not seen issues first hand but I understand the problem and feel bad for those dealing with it. Maybe a 30, 60 or 90 day streak of catching and/or spinning would work as it would not overload the system. Alternatively they should allow high level players to submit stops the same way they do with Ingress. They could also do level up rewards where lower level players can submit one Pokestop at a certain level or levels. If they offered some type of reward and badge for high level players who helped authenticate stop submissions in remote locations. A predetermined increase of spawn points within 300 meters would happen automatically once new stop was in place.