How can I be a Professor

Question above, thanks in advance :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m not sure I think you have to donate enough to their campaign and then they give you a title

2 Likes

Professor
Displayed a vast amount of knowledge on Pokemon and PokemonGo

Basically you need to know how google works.

6 Likes

Help and give a lot of info.

6 Likes

I’m pretty good at google.

5 Likes

So am I. If I can’t find it, it’s not on Google. :nerd_face:

5 Likes

I wonder how often not finding a match on google makes us assume a thing doesn’t exist or didn’t happen.

3 Likes

Refraising helps. Don’t use sentences, only words unless you look for a specific sentence.

If you use a search with multiple words and there is a word that has to be included in the search, do it like this; “word”.

2 Likes

I’m curious, @MrHeineken88, were you offering those tips to me (the comment preceding yours), or to @Pokemon about how to be a Professor? Or did somebody ask a question about how to search with google? :thinking:

5 Likes

More like a free for all 101 on Google sort of tip. I noticed that a lot of people know the basics but not how to use all the functions. Also I noticed that the functions are different in some countries. Some are even very limited.

3 Likes

Thanks for the clarification. I’ve used google for over 20 years and am fairly comfortable with how to use it. My rhetorical remark may have come across as a request for advice, though, and I didn’t want to perpetuate a misunderstanding through poor articulation.

6 Likes

? Not sure what you are implying… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

So… :frowning:

1 Like

** randomly grants the title of professor to everyone on the forum ** … :smiley:

Strangely enough, I don’t Google. If I have to look up anything, it’s usually from GamePress or Bulbapedia.

Yeah, google is more where you start.
Once you did that a few times you realize you can just go to certain websites for stuff.

Wanna know the CP, moves, stats of a pokemon? I use Gohubs database.
Top counters in the current Tier 5? Pokebattler.
Whats in the egg pool? TheSilphRoad.
Anything new? TSR reddit.
Runtime of current event/upcomming events? p337.info

And then when someone asks something here, you can just copy/paste it :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t use Google as I found out last year that they are biased with their search results and move anything they disagree with to the far end of the list, in other words, the results are censored by stealth.

2 Likes

For Pokemon (Go) related stuff those 2 sites are my first as well. And Serebii of course!

1 Like

For GO, it’s usually GamePress (and Genie for sims), for Pokémon overall, it’ usually Serebii for me

2 Likes