Heracross Day raided

Mega Heracross raid day is supposed to from 2 to 5 locally. 9 raid encounters so far and no shinies yet. And as of 1:30 there are no mega raids in the whole city of San Francisco (according to Campfire, anyway). Not Niantic’s most distinguished event at this point. (Edit: 1:36 now, and no raids at all in the city. not even at Niantic’s own headquarters. Weird.)

Same has happened in New York, at the same local time. Later all Gyms full with Heracross.

1 Like

The lossage was at 1:30, and the gyms switched to Heracross raids at 2. I guess that’s what was supposed to happen (for a 2 to 5 event, duh. sorry for posting the alarmist nonsense when it wasn’t even during the event’s posted times.) Back to raiding now. Gotta get that shiny hera.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, shiny rate sucks! :face_exhaling: Did 10 raids on my main account and 9 on my alt with no shinies!

I did a big fat zero raids and got a big fat zero shinies. I’m not falling for the Raid Days again. They are low effort money grabs and hardly ever make it worth it. Especially considering the terribly short time window I might as well not bother. Three hours is enough for max 30 raids of which over 20 of them require green passes and with a rate of 1/10 that is not enough to guarantee a shiny either and since that happened to me three times in a row now I’m not going to fall for it any longer. Happily skipped Kyogre, Groudon, and now this one.

1 Like

All in all, the event wasn’t stupid, nor was it stupendous – somewhere in between. Being a pretty good Bug type (and a regional one, too) made Heracross worth doing. Won’t waste raid passes in those kind of numbers on something totallly irrelevant to the meta.

Between 3 trainers, a total of 48 raids (16 each) and 4 shinies (1, 1, and 2, respectively, for main, alt, and new) Got enough Heracross Mega energy to last me a while.

1 Like

The last information was for me the most funny. 250 Mega-Energy in every raid, 200 necesary for Mega-Evolution. And now? I have now 1500 of this energy, what do I do with the rest of 1300? Making an attack group? Well, I got one shiny, so I could take a look to the mega-design, but would be the only reason to use some more energy.

Really, the important thing we got from this day was a good Fighting type mega.

2 Likes

By the time I finished work and had a shower and left work I had 15min left of the Raid Day.
Couldn’t make it to a non Gold Gum in that time so didn’t do any.
Did 2x remote Raids later but couldn’t be bothered doing any more. Too tiered and not motivated to do any more. No 100% out of the 2x I’ve been able to get Heracross so it will be an unevolved Mega for maybe ever.

Given how cyclical and repetitive PoGO events have been in the past few years, I suspect Mega Heracross will come around again, probably at most a year from now. And a good fighting bug will be worth a couple more raid passes.

A Hera related question, though:

Hub shows best move set for Mega-Hera is Counter and Megahorn. A recent best-by-type list showed Mega-Hera as the best Fighting type with Counter and Close Combat. I’ve run into a similar conundrum many times and am curious – when is the mixed-type move set a better choice than the single-type set? I would think that a mixed-type mon would make a better general-purpose choice, and the single-type mon could be a better targeted choice. (After all, how often would a foe be vulnerable to both thpes in the mixed-type scenario?)

I think you’re on the money with it coming back at some stage.
I’m also confident I won’t get that 100% to Mega evolve as Groudon has been back so often and I still don’t have a 100% one of that or Kyogre, Rayquaza or 2x Latti for that matter.

I think that Counter and Megahorn may be the best moveset for Heracross if you’re using it as a bug type attacker, because it’s only bug fast move is Struggle Bug. And Struggle Bug is a BAD move. But idk :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Still a bunch of Mega Heracross raids. I’ve raided a few dozen of them in the aftermath of its raid day. Haven’t seen another shiny yet, and not a one has come in with an IV over 84, and every one of them since then has gotten transferred to the Professor. I was totally psyched to have a go at that meta-relevant regional; but I’m not wasting another raid pass on that :poop:.

Bit dirty/sneaky/under handed of Nianshit to drop Mega Heracross as Raid day then have it as the feature Mega only a week later.
Being a regional that I don’t get access too I’m happy it’s the current Mega as it gives me a few more chances to fail at getting that 100% I really want.
Went very close yesterday.
Third 98% in the collection but first one with 15atk.
Hopefully I can get a few more done before it goes away.

2 Likes

Nice; hope you get it.