GO Battle League Guide: Preseason, Ranks, Rewards, Pikachu Libre | Pokemon GO

Pikachu Libre will be available when the first “real” season starts, as far as I know.

I’m only rank 7 and having trouble gaining rating points, I’m just a PvP noob and that will probably never change. But I managed to get two Scraggy, so my livingdex will be fine… :grin: At least until the Pikachu Libre is available…

I’m at Rank 7 with a less than 50% win rate after messing around with some other Pokémon teams in the last 2 sets of 5.
My hearts not really in it to try seriously from now onwards. Spent far too much dust for no real benefit. It never made it more fun with bigger and better Pokémon.

This week I finally started to win and got my Snorlax and Scraggy. Not sure if this is because it get easier or me becoming better at pvp (or both?). Still haven’t used (and I am not planning to) any Premium Raid Passes.
Anyway, it is more interesting to fight when people are using wide selection of pokemons instead of top 5.

For me - I selected my team myself, NOT based on any internet tier-list - but by analysing what I have available and how I can do this. It was funny actually:
At some point I picked all 3 pokes super weak to fire, by a chance I won one or two matches and then lost 3 big time because of fire lead. When I finally noticed the problem it was “well, it was not smart, man! you need something to handle fire!” :smile:
Screenshot_20200213-151834

Well…
Ultra League was fun :slight_smile:
23-02-2020%2023-02-15

185 new battles out of which 124 wins.
This will stop now when Master League will start…

Suffice to say - I still have only Meltan - and I need 150 more candies for evolving him, not counting another 200 to power up.
I got few Legendaries from raids - but they are at 30-33 lvl and the idea of powering them up to 40 seems a bit crazy… the idea of buying second charge move is completely insane :wink:
But it was fun anyway :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Congrats on the 12 streak

The GO Battle League is getting more laughable every time. Today, I encountered a bug where I couldn’t use any Shield or Charged Attack. Please Niantic, fix this GO League Trash😡.

1 Like

I just had 10 battles (Super League).
First 5 = I won 4:1
Second 5 = loss 0:5
No tricks, I accept all results.
Random players but I think opponents were ranked higher in first turn, when I won.
It is pure lottery…
From this perspective the idea of loosing ranking points is just wrong - when winning 3:2 I am getting 4-5 ranking points… one unlucky 0:5 makes minus 30 - so almost two day of play wasted…

1 Like

Super-hyped for all the new rewards, shame my Rank will probably wind up lower than what I have today (3240 something) because of more GL and UL matches

1 Like

So this is how pre-season ended for me…
13-03-2020%2017-52-19

A bit more that 50% wins (all in free play, haven’t used premium pass at all).
I never got more than 2000 in ranking - which makes this ranking system a bit frustrating.
Never got other issues than lags - but well, connectivity is something which cannot be predicted.

In regards to the leagues:
GREAT - for me it is the most tricky one; require skill (*), not just resources
MASTER - dominated by the old players with millions of stardust and legendary pokemon with two charge moves; still it is easier than GREAT
ULTRA - is the easiest one - as you only need limited amount of stardust to train you pokemon

The hardest time was last week - when all leagues were open - I am guessing people were just selecting the one league where they felt best… I tried few Great and Master but ended up doing Ultra for most of the time.

(*) this is what I miss… the skill to just look at the opponent’s pokemon and know right away which one from your team is the best counter and which move to use. For me they are all like “ooo… what a nice, fluffy creature gi-gi-gi…” how on earth I should know what you are??? :smile:
But well, fortunately people tend to use only small subset - so I am slowly getting better in this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did Scraggy’s agent negotiate a contract with an unbreakable no-trade clause? I thought I heard a couple of players say last week that they had won 2 or 3 Scraggies, and figured that I might try to trade for one some day. I don’t plan to do the pvp leagues. It’s too much like getting a second game, when I only have time for one, at best.

1 Like

Wow, you do not need to walk to be able to battle in the League - it is very nice :cowboy_hat_face:
I got hundo Metagross (*) and shiny Giratina from bonus encounters today :slight_smile:
(*) it is my third hundo waiting for Elite TM to get exclusive move…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.