GO Battle League Guide: Preseason, Ranks, Rewards, Pikachu Libre | Pokemon GO

At first I thought it was good to see something new but it turned out to be a frustrating and time-consuming flop again. I use Pokémon such as Gyarados, Lapras, Latias, Zapdos, Flygon, Machamp, Klinklang - Which are definitely not the worst Pokemon - and they get killed by stupid Pokémon such as Roselia, Grovyle, Noctowl. Even worse is that I am clicking on the Charged Attack Button like twenty times to see the opponent doing a Charged Move. And that every time again. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, but this is quite frustrating. I hope Scraggy will soon be in the wild, Eggs or Raids.

1 Like

Well, I am not big fan of pvp either.

Especially Great League, where sometime most desired pokemon is one with IV 0-15-15 - only because you can train them to higher level without crossing 1500CP border.
For me it is like those “athletes” who cannot compete in normal championships because they are not good enough - so they harm themselves so they can be recognized as disabled and then compete in para-Olympics.

But, on the other hand, I also do understand that Great League is the most tricky one. It sounds simple to compete in Master League where you just pick the strongest pokemon, pack it to max, get the best moves - and the game is only a matter of fast clicking.
Things are not so simple in Great League - where strong mon like Gyrados can qualify only below lv25 (?) - while other, “weaker” pokemons can reach lv 35 or even 40 - making untrained Gyrados piece of cake.

So, while I am not really into it, it is an educational experience to get beaten by some pokemons which I always considered just a dex entry :slight_smile:

@BestBeast Can’t afford to use my stardust on second charge moves… it all goes on trades trying to complete my LuckyDex and powering up critters for duo raids with the missus - as we live in a rural area and there is no raiding scene to join.

Anyhoo… on my third go through 2 out of the 5 battles were disrupted. One as my victory screen appeared everything went black. The second as I delivered the coup de grace I was left with this screen for 5 minutes…

… on both occasions I had to reboot the game and was awarded a defeat!
My connection was fine… I call SHENANIGANS!!!
Utter shambles… glad I didn’t waste a raid pass :-1::-1::-1:

1 Like

Tier 3 was wasn’t good for me With every battle against teams made up of 3 out of the top 6 preferred Pokémon.
Used a Premium Pass hoping I could get 2 wins but fell short by 1 win again only getting 1 win so no encounter again.
I hate that you get advanced just on doing 5 battles and it’s not an advance system based on being able to get 5 wins before you advance.
This just forces you into unenjoyable battles against the serious PvP players with no hope of winning.

I somehow went from losing all five the battles to winning all five the battles with a team I definitely didn’t expect to be this good.

Unfortunately I got rewarded with a Snorlax, though😕

2 Likes

It’s happened to me once in 15 battles - and now Mrs. celery is reporting that on multiple occasions she has battled against an opponent using 3 or more shields.
SPOOFERS, HACKERS, W*NKERS, call them what you will, THEY ARE SPOILING THE GAME. :pouting_cat::-1:

1 Like

… and that’s me done with PvP! :grin:
(At least until they hide another new critter in the rewards :roll_eyes::cry:)

6 Likes

Did Tier 4 on Premium pass in hope of 2 wins again. Up against the strong stuff again only getting 1 win so again no encounter :rage::rage::rage:.

Did the free play next expecting to be smashed and some how I got 3/4 and thought here we go again I’m going to be 1 short again.
Battle 5 happened to be the easiest battle I’ve had so far with my Melmetal destroying all 3 Pokemon after their switching and shields played right into my advantage big time. They had 2 good ones out of the 3 but must have been poor versions of them. Got my Snorlax finally.

I’m now on Tier 5 after walking the 3k to unlock during Rat Day. I need to keep trying to get Scraggy after I stuffed up by not using Passes in Tier 1-2 to get that first encounter out the way.
I feel sorry for players that have very poor teams through not knowing much about the game. They would be getting smashed. How is that fun???

1 Like

That would be me - I battled 25 times yesterday - winning only 3 games :smiley:
I do not mind :wink:
Let’s say it is a revenge from Team Rocket for their 1300 defeats :wink:

Honestly, the loosing part is not an issue. The boring/frustrating part is that all the players (who win) are playing the same 10 pokemons - How THIS is fun???
I am never going to pick Altaria or Azumarill - unless something better will come to ligh and everyone dicard them :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I decided to spend some stardust to build a standard Great League team, as I started to enjoy the battles against random strangers.
Yes, most people are using the same old Pokémon, so do I… Why? Because they are the best picks for this league.

I might still be a noob, losing more battles than winning, but I enjoy it. I’ve reached rank 7, got myself one Scraggy, I’m fine with the system as it is at the moment.
And I’m already looking forward to the Ultra League switch… Guess I’m gonna lose all battles again then, until spending more dust…

I got Snorlax also :slight_smile:

I heard Snorlax is a guaranteed encounter

No, you should get either Snorlax or Scraggy. Or nothing, in case you fail to win everytime.

Snorlax is the guaranteed encounter when you win 4 matches out of 5 the first time. The 2nd time, when you are rank 4 or higher as well, Scraggy is guaranteed.

In that case I don’t think I’ll ever get Scraggy, but thanks anyways.

I was just getting used to Great League… started to win 3/5 more often… and now…
Ultra League…
And here we go again… starting new learning curve…

1 Like

It’s not too difficult to win 4 out of 5 matches at rank 4, just use meta Pokémon in Great League (when Great League returns)

Did 15 Ultra League battles and 14 of those had Gira Alt as lead. Was using it as well.
Decided to change Gira Alt out for a 2nd Gira Alt counter and have not seen a Gira Alt in battle in my next 5 :rofl::rofl:.
There must be some matching mechanics going on in the background when choosing your next opponent.
I’m still only Rank 6

As much as I didn’t want to spend any Dust on Ultra counters I did end up using some. No way near as much as could have on better options.
The ones I’ve chosen for use have done better than expected.
Their IV Rank by Pokie Genie is 100%, 99% & 97%

I have similar feeling…
When I pick a grass lead, I am getting opponents with fire leads, when I finally switch to water lead - opponents are picked with grass lead…
But not sure if this is not just my mind playing tricks…

Is there actualy something to gain now after getting a Scraggy besides some bragging rights?
I don’t feel motivated atm to pvp if there nothing special to win and winning 1 in 5 at rank 9 isn’t really motivating either.
What about Pikachu Libre?