General Chat - Shiny Alolan vulpix from quests bugged

For those who went out of their way for the quest:

Shiny Alolan Vulpix cannot be encountered through Field Research
Issue description: A bug is causing Shiny Alolan Vulpix to not be encounterable through Field Research where an Alolan Vulpix encounter is the reward. This bug only affects Field Research encounters, and there is still a chance to hatch Shiny Alolan Vulpix via Eggs.
Issue status: Investigating
Last updated: January 8th

1 Like

Well, nice. I have been trying to complete that Research for a week now, just for Shiny Alolan Vulpix because I can’t hatch it. :man_facepalming:

It can be an issue while nobody has informed about it. But really, I cannot imagine (i’m programmer), how it can be an issue under investigation…

1 Like

Niantic manages to do alot of things (bad ones) that i cant understand. Programmer and otherwise. Its a special company.

1 Like

So I did the hatch 7 Eggs twice now wasting my time. Could have completed 4-5 other quests in that same time while holding on to it for that long.

1 Like

They just removed it entirely from the quest lineup.

At least they removed it, I can’t believe I wasted so much time trying to do this quest, I’ve done at least 9-10.

I finally got a 5KM Egg and they now have removed the Field Research? :disappointed: