Espeon/Umbreon trick

Does anyone know if that trick still works where you walk an eevee 10k as your buddy and if you evolve it during the day it becomes an espeon and if you evolve at night it’s an umbreon?

I tried getting an espeon, I had a good IV eevee, I walked it 10k as my buddy and then evolved it during the day and it became a vaporeon :unamused: Any ideas on what I may have messed up?

I Never did that. The name trick works. Give me a moment I’ll post directions. See below. Good luck,

Espeon and Umbreon how to obtain both.

So they have once again put out the name your pokemon per the game method to get these new evies the first time.

Note: I do not garauntee you will get both new eveelutions,
however by following my directions I have been able to get both eveelutions 8 times in a row, once for myself and once each for two other players.
Any deviation from these instructions will likely result in only obtaining one and then you’re stuck waiting randomly unless there’s another method.

If you already have obtained one but not the other this will likely not work for you.
You need to not have any of these new pokemon at all in order to achieve this per my directions.

NOTE: Do not exit the game at any time during this process.
NOTE: Make sure you have 100 candie and two evees to complete this process.

1. Click the pokeball bottom middle of screen.
  2. Click Pokemon lower left option.
  3. Find your first evee and click on them.
  4. Click the name of the evee and change it to the following name
    a. Follow the nameing option right for your first evee
    b. If it is day time rename them Sakura (Make sure you Capitalize)
    c. If it is evening time rename them to Tamao (Make sure you Capitalize)
    d. click OK
  5. Click x and leave your newly named evee
  6. Click x again and go back to the main game screen of pokemon where you spin stops catch pokemon etc.
  7. Click the pokeball bottom middle of screen.
  8. Click Pokemon lower left option.
  9. Find your renamed evee and click on them.
  10. Click evolve, then click YES.
  11. Click check mark to leave newly evolved pokemon
  12. Click x and go back to the main game screen of pokemon where you spin stops catch pokemon etc.
  13. Click the pokeball bottom middle of screen.
  14. Click Pokemon lower left option.
  15. Find your second evee and click on them.
  16. Click the name of the evee and change it to the following name
    a. Follow the nameing option right for your second evee
    b. If you have Umbreon now rename them Sakura (Make sure you Capitalize)
    c. If you have Espeon now rename them to Tamao (Make sure you Capitalize)
    d. click OK
  17. Click x and leave your newly named second evee
  18. Click x again and go back to the main game screen of pokemon where you spin stops catch pokemon etc.
  19. Click the pokeball bottom middle of screen.
  20. Click Pokemon lower left option.
  21. Find your renamed second evee and click on them.
  22. Click evolve, then click YES.

You should now have both Espeon and Umbreon if my method holds true to form.
Congratulations

If it works and you get both please comment and let us know.

I just did that yesterday. Did you leave it as your buddy when you evolved it?

@cy_lamar, I have Jolteon, Espeon, and Umbreon. I evolved them all by changing their names. I didn’t have any of them as my buddy. I am still waiting for my best ever Eevee before I evolve into Vaporeon. The one I have right now is just a wild one, not very good stats.

Good luck on your eevee quest. I try to catch most that I see, so far 1648 with 2 perfect specimens and a couple 98%. Time, preservation and good luck will get you there,

Worked for me the other day. But like @cy_lamar says, it has to be your buddy the moment you evolve it.

I’ve got the 5 evolutions with name-trick, but none of them was never a buddy… maybe it’s more secure, but in my case it was not necesary. But careful, at least the first three I got time ago, so the version of the game has changed, and maybe the obligations to work with this trick as well…

The nametrick you can only use it once if I remember well.

@Cirithungolem, I have never had an Eevee as my buddy when I evolved them into Umbreon, Jolteon and Espeon, and it worked every time, just by changing their name.

I did the name trick months ago - when I tried it a second time it didn’t work. Just did the buddy trick this last weekend but have only tried it once on an 89iv Eevee.

1 Like

@cy_lamar, yes, I read somewhere you can only do it once with the name for each different evolution. So if you want more than one, the buddy system is the way to go then. Good to know.

1 Like

Yeah the name trick only works once per eeveelution…

That may have been the issue…can’t remember if I switched it out or not before doing the evolution

1 Like