Does anyone name their Pokemon? Share if so :)

I like to name my Pokemon for fun as well as for keeping track of how many I have. I first was only going to name my Vulpixes, but most recently decided to name my fire types. I noticed that all of my Houndours are females. That rottweiler-looking Pokemon looks very masculine and I thought ‘Rex’ would be a name for one of them, but none of them are males. I have 6 Vulpixes, 4 houndhours, 5 charmanders, 3 Cyndaquils, and 1 Castform I named ‘Binky’(it looks like a baby toy). The names I chose for my Houndours were Stella, Pepper, Jasmine, and Georgette(names I heard people name their girl dogs). I named my charmanders(all boys) Charlie, Buster, Fred, Sizzles, and Blaze. I named my 3 Cyndaquils(2 females, 1 male) Pokey, Cindy(I know it’s kinda corny), and Sparkle. I already shared, but my 6 Vulpixes(5 females, 1 male) are Ruby, Scarlet, Vixey, Ginger, Penny, and Tails. If I were to find another male Vulpix, I would either name him Tod(from ‘The Fox & The Hound’) or Lucky.

3 Likes

I only name my 666 CP Pokémon and just give them devil themed names.

2 Likes

I name my mons the name of whichever city/state/country I caught them in

1 Like

I don’t name mine, I just put their IV% next to their name. Like: “Aggron97.8” …

1 Like

Update: I got my 7th Vulpix and named her ‘Star’. I cannot believe my luck with all these Vulpixes popping up in my area! I also found a new Houndour and named her ‘Rogue’ and a new Charmander and named him ‘Jojo’. I evolved my first Pokemon, one of my Charmanders, Blaze has now evolved into Charmeleon.

I used to do that, but I mainly use the more industrial version of naming (every move, IV and level in the name)

1 Like

If I’d have to name all Pokémon I’ve ever caught (> 55k)… man… I don’t think there are so many names…

I do name them with their IVs and occasional hints on their attacks if needed.
I can only remember two Pokémon with “real” names I ever had in PoGo. My first Shinx was named “Kimba” because it reminded me of Kimba the white lion from an anime series I watched as a kid. And then there is one of my Cranidos. I rename it to “Pachy” when I walk it as a buddy, as a short form of Pachycephalosaurus… I’ve been a real dinosaur nerd when I was young, and I never completely got rid of that…

3 Likes

The Mons I max out get their own names, however

2 Likes

I thought ‘Foxy Cleopatra’ would be a perfect name for Ninetales. I initially tried naming my 7th Vulpix that, determining it be the one I will evolve in the future, but there is limited space and the name was 2 or 3 letters too long. I’m thinking about naming my next female Vulpix ‘Princess’ where it would be the one I plan to evolve because once she is to evolve into Ninetales, her name would then be ‘Queen.’

Whenever the numbers start getting too high, I will eventually switch to calling them by their species name and put a number next to it, for example: Vulpix # 32.

Here an example of my way:
First number % of IV
Next three Attack, Defense and Health
Next the Gender
And last the Level

1 Like

Sorting by name with that system sorts everything by IV, then, right? Your 73 IV things are all together, yes?

Yes, it works this way