Do you power up beyond lvl 30?

Hey guys
After reading the recent article on Power Ups (https://pokemongohub.net/post/wiki/damage-output-and-powering-up-beyond-level-30/), I wanna ask: do you guys power up you mons beyond lvl 30? If yes, whats your criteria?
Since I don’t grind that much, I tend to be really conscious on my stardust. My highest CP is Mewtwo and a Kyogre, with the next power up costing 8K, so they’re between lvl 35-36.5, with my trainer lvl being 35.
After this article, I’m really considering stop the power ups at lvl 30. When the next power up costs 6K, it means that your mon is already at lvl 30.5, so I guess he’s good to go and time to invest on another.

And since I’m on topic, got another question: I lost the first Zapdos and Raikou raids. Got a nice 15atk Zapdos from my research yesterday. If you’d be in my shoes, with 190+ rare candies, would you bump him up, or maybe hope for a Raikou research breakthrough?

No, unless it’s a rare shiny ( non CD) or 100%

Yup, already have 10 maxed out Mons, almost maxed out Dragonite, will max out a Latios once he stops spawning, and I have a Zapdos, Entei and Articuno above 30 as well

1 Like

I only max out mons needed to duo tier 4s or short man tier 5s. If you do raids and have alot of people with you there is no need only preference. I would not pour the candy into Zapados as hes gonna get outclassed by next gen. If you really love him and wanna do it more power to ya.

I did before the new Gyms. Now I care less about it.

I do power up beyond 30 for breakpoints and maxing out pokemon

I have maxed 67 pokemon so far. And why not. I don’t care about 2, 4 or 6 milion dust. It’s more fun to achieve goals like duo absol, duo tyranitar and recently duo Latios. I have a maxed dragon team, full maxed tyranitar team, full maxed fighting team, etc so i have a full maxed super effective team against every raidboss. I also powered up 1 or more of each legendary except suicune and the future regitrio. My next goal is a full maxed mewtwo team. I’m already in 4/6 but waiting on another high iv mewtwo. And the most important part of powering up pokemon: stardust doesn’t fight😁

2 Likes

I max out everything with 100% IV or at least 98% that’s also meta-relevant. Like my 100% Machamp, 98% Exeggcutor, …

If I power up a Pokémon the plan is to max it out, however I don’t power up very many Pokémon.

Yes, some cause i want the highest CP possible, some because i want them at their breakpoint against certain legendarys.

I have two maxed out machamp (100 and 98), a maxed out 100 IV ttar, a maxed out dragonite and a 100iv kyogre

Soon to add another 100 IV machamp and trying to decide between 98 groudon and 96 rayquaza for the next maxed out legendary

• I do
  • I don’t

0 voters

Do you power up over Lvl 30?

This is very much an individual choice and is largely determined by how you play the game.
Maxing out is more for self satisfaction than for any game affecting purpose. There are some benefits for your Raid attackers taking them to at least L35.
It’s very costly on the Star Dust and Candy resources so chose wisely the Pokemon that will make you happy you did it.

1 Like

Thanks fellas!
Since I dont have a organized group myself, I just awkwardly join free lobbies of 10~ players whenever I raid. I’ll leave lvl 40 to my best favorite (not-so-metagross included) only, and go lvl 30 with other cool things.

I POWER UP ANYTHING GOOD AND 70iv+(with good attack) TO MAX I CAN

i power up:

• every legendary at least once to max
  • every meta relevant pokemon i have 93% or higher
  • any semi meta relevant pokemon with high IV to fill up certain teams

as mentioned by others, it allows me to do raids with less people. Also having 10 million stardust rotting away is pointless, might as well spend it.

being level 40 means i need mucho stardust for all those pokemon and means i’m never done. That does feel kinda meh, but at the same keeps me motivated to keep playing.

I max out Pokemon with good IVs and that I will use. If a Pokemon’s stats can go higher, why not raise them?

I haven’t powered them up past 30 since gym rework because I’d rather use the candy on evolving another specimen. Only max out Shinys because it’s fun to use them during raids.

I’ve powered only a few critters over 30. For the most part I prefer getting a team to 30 rather than maxing out one. The exeptions are ones where I already have a full team of level 30-35 (from weather boosts) creatures and still have plenty of candy left over (Machamps) or I’m absolutely sure I will only ever need one of them (Lugia). Even then the pokemon need to be meta relevant to be even considered.

Of course this will change in time, as in this game resources accumulate faster than usable 'mons, but for me the point of not caring about resources is still quite some time away.

1 Like

I like your idea. Power up a team to lvl 30 first and then consider a few to lvl 40. I’ll do it!