Buddy Aventure Discussion

Reached the ‘ultra buddy’ phase and received a little green pouch containing… a marble… huh!?! :thinking::man_shrugging:

I got a Marble, too. Not sure why I should want to have that, though.

Any chance that it will turn out to be something useful, like a new kind of evolution item for some future generation?

Tried to make another go at this buddy adventure stuff. Noticed a few more things that might be worthwhile, but several more things that make it more bother than it’s worth. I’m still strongly inclined not to deal with it.

Top of the list is that I don’t like using AR, let alone several times a day. And no way am I going to add visiting a new stop or gym to my daily duties.

I received some flowers from my buddy as souvenir, not sure what it could do since it’s not in my item storage at all.

Mine gave me Magic Mushies :flushed:

I got magic mushrooms too. Maybe one day I’ll take a trip with my buddy.

2 Likes

Today’s useless item into the collection

I’m not interested in getting souvenirs to be honest. Maybe they will turn out useful some day. In Let’s Go the buddy Pokémon sometimes finds strange items like a single earring, some flowers etc, too, but in Let’s Go we can at least sell those items… even if it’s for a very low price.
I don’t mind recieving the presents though. It’s only some berries, revives etc., but these at least have a use.

I try to level my most important battle Pokémon up to best buddy, but I won’t rush it, and I’m definitely not buying Poffins… (they should be obtainable in other ways than only from the shop… at least put them in field research…)

4 Likes

I actually feel bad that I have to switch out my buddy today because I finally have enough candy to evolve him all the way. But it’s time to start new buddy.

Just got to Great Buddies with my 2nd Buddy and he already gave me a present.

I have received so many lone earrings from my buddies that I’m thinking of pairing them up and selling them on a market stall! :grinning:

4 Likes

Soon I’ll be best friends with my buddy Chandelure!

1 Like

My buddy keeps giving me berries. Guess he figures I’m just going to feed them back to him.

1 Like

My best buddy Chandelure: activities

Souvenirs from Chandelure (3 bouquets and 2 tropical flowers)

1 Like

Just hit Ultra Buddies but it will be time to switch soon

1 Like

Just got to the best buddy stage with my first critter (I’ve been sharing the love around :kissing_heart:) and thought I’d share a couple of pics of the cp boost feature.

Oooh… yellowy arch! :wink: Un-boosted score is 3015.

3 Likes

Don’t normally fill all the hearts since update. Aren’t very many new pokestops around I’ve never been to.

2 Likes

“Visit a new place” would make more sense if it meant going somewhere that I had never taken this buddy. Treating it as somewhere I’ve never been makes it more relevant to a personal bucket list than a buddy adventure. Conceptually speaking, I should be able to take my new buddy somewhere I’ve taken other buddies and have it count as a new place.

2 Likes

Supossed to be taking kids on a hike today, so I might get the new place heart, but on a normal work day, or even while off, there are no “new” places to get that requirement.

2 Likes