Buddy Aventure Discussion

In the week since I became great friends with my Lucario buddy, it’s demanded more attention than ever. But it’s also come rushing to my aid almost a dozen times with a catch assist.

While that’s fun enough to watch, I’ve been fortunate to see it make the catch most of the time it does that. Including a Registeel! (I had heard repeatedly that it works occasionally, but almost never on Legendaries.) I had been expecting the feature to be just a novelty; but so far it has been a nice surprise.

Just 8 minutes after posting that my buddy has made 4 more assists, and all of them caught. The feature seems programmed for the buddy’s tip-in to have a higher probability of Great throw rating…

2 Likes

Might be moving on today to 5th buddy since new system became a thing.

I rarely bother with the Buddy interaction anymore.
I’m walking an ordinary Axew purely for the Candy. It won’t be evolved or powered up as it’s not good enough so gaining an extra level seems absolutely pointless. The rewards are the same as drops from Pokestops/Gyms so no gain there either.
The total Berry usage so far is the equivalent of 40% GXP to Golding a Gym so I stopped wasting them on that.
I struggle to even do the minimum no cost snapshot and tickle not to mention finding un-spun stops are hard to find too.

1 Like

Should have new Buddy tomorrow,

1 Like

Got the hermit crab following me around now.

1 Like

Got new buddy today,

1 Like

Three for three buddy-assist catches today from my Lucario, including my last two throws in a row. He’s certainly earned a few extra treats tonight!

I love it sometimes when I click off the game then go back on, and my buddy has to run across a whole field to catch up with me.

1 Like

Sometimes this happens to me, when I try to feed my buddy, it’s not showing up at the feed screen. Then when I go back to the normal playing map screen, my buddy is nowhere to be found on the map.

1 Like

Completed my buddy requirements today. I don’t get 12 hearts very often.

3 Likes

Got 14 for first time ever.

1 Like

If you play with it enough it gets excited.

2 Likes

Wait you can double up on the walking ones?!?!

I think it is part of buddy week. I only learned it by accident.

1 Like

Got the walking requirement done before I had to feed my buddy a third time

1 Like

I just got this from my best buddy

1 Like

Cool. I keep getting snowy pinecones. In the middle of July…

Almost halfway to the Gold Medal for 100 Best Buddies…

2 Likes

I keep my buddies for a long time until I get enough candy to evolve them.

1 Like

Feeding poffin to a buddy skews the buddy hearts equation, of course. But even in the poffin context, I’ve never gotten this many buddy hearts in a day.

2 Likes