A question about the community day

It’s already been confirmed that each day we’ll get the opportunity to catch a special Pokémon with a unique moveset. The first one is Pikachu with Surf. What do you think the next one will be?

Puuuh, it’s just luck… maybe a Bulbasaur.

I think this is actually a step very much in the right direction for Niantic. Stuff that anyone who has a park in there town can participate in.

If anyone is confused, here is a link to Niantic’s own article on the event.
https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/communityday

1 Like

I wonder if Pikachu keeps Surf while evolving

What kind of fighting move is Surf supposed to be, anyway? Might as well be Smurf.

1 Like

Great idea, but why the living hell make it last 3 hours and call it "day"
As for other special Mons, I assume Legendaries with their signature moves

2 Likes

My son told me surf is an attack with a giant wave of water.

1 Like

Kinda I guess… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I doubt that will happen. It would make them wildly OP.

Probably a Pikachu with fly given Niantic’s obsession with the little mouse!

Pikachu with surf is just awesome to those rockies. It’s just too OP.

This could be a good idea. Especially for rural players.

If on some community days, legendaries spawn wild. Quite rare, but if you hunt for a bit you will find them.

The question is, will there be increased Pikachu spawns, and is it possible to get a Shiny Pikachu that knows surf

2 Likes

Here is what I think.

There will be increased spawns of everything, using those spawns they added before.

Shiny pikachu will be obtainable with surf

Charged TM will give Pikachu Surf.

One of the most difficult Pokemon to obtain assuming pichu also gets surf, is a 100% iv shiny hat pichu with present and surf.

3 Likes

No, if you would catch a Kyogre raid boss it would have Waterfall/Origin Pulse, they wouldnt spawn in the wild lol

Its not the event that laats 3 hours lures last 3 hours

@KingQ07 no the event+ the lures are 3 Hours

The event is taking place during the following hours:

The Asia-Pacific region: January 20, 2018, from 12:00 P.M. to 3:00 P.M. JST (GMT +9)
Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and India: January 20, 2018, from 10:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. UTC (GMT +0)
The Americas and Greenland: January 20, 2018, from 11:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. PST (GMT -8)

4 Likes

I don’t mind the concept but the restrictive time for people that are either at work or school are most likely to miss the opportunity once agin show Niantic have narrow minds.

Its in the middle of the day on a saturday. The majority of people are free. Youre just looking for an excuse to complain now…

3 Likes

Look, its called a “day”, right?
Is it really so hard to make it last at least 8 hours so that those who work would get a shot at it too?
Or just dont waste time making this and instead fix the enormous ammount of bugs and glitches, or at least the most game-breaking ones

1 Like