40. Trainer level + level up report

Forgot to report this. It took much less time getting to 41 than to 40 haha.

6 Likes

7 Likes

Tired of the grind :disappointed:… on schedule to get my puffy jacket with patches sometime around xmas 2022😵‍💫

4 Likes

Patience and progress. Hang in there.

Maybe we should have an “almost” thread – for almost leveling-up, for almost hundo, almost maxed-out, and almost best buddy… (Not sure how an ‘almost lucky’ or ‘almost shiny’ might work; but it might be worth having those in there, too.)

1 Like

The in-game fireworks took on additional meaning for me when my Main hit 48 early this morning. :smiley: :partying_face: :cowboy_hat_face:

When (or even whether) I’ll ever reach 49 is anybody’s guess – getting 50 Luckies through trades could take me years… (Although I have dozens of Lucky Friends, very few of them will ever be near enough to make trades.)

5 Likes

The 50 Luckies comes up quicker than you think if your Trading every day with a willing friend or an Alt acct. let’s face it most players that are well advanced in the game have at least one Alt. Hats off to those that don’t.
You don’t have to trade the full 100 each day.
I average between 40-100. It’s only time and fatigue that stops me doing the 100.
The one draw back is you have to catch lots of Pokémon over a week/daily and have bag space to carry the Trade rubbish.
At a guess I’m carrying 2-300 trade rubbish. I trade like hell to run my bag down to 600-700 spaces by CD as all those CDmon from >100km will be my Trade rubbish for local caught desirable XL’s.
Running a Gotcha on the Alt helps collect rubbish.

Thanks for the tip. I’m not a big fan of trading – it’s almost as unsatisfying to me as fighting in the GBL. So I tend not to trade much. Even just twice a day seems tedious.

Just earning the 25 Million XP needed to go from level 48 to level 49 could take several months, though; so I’ll try not to obsess on the daunting number of Lucky Trades and just settle back in to enjoy playing…

1 Like

Faster than I thought…

7 Likes

just wait until you need to get the level 45 requirements

1 Like

Shurely, but the worst for me are still the growing amount of PX to accumulate. I’ve seen people having a cushion of points so they only needed to fullfill the requirements. I entered level 40 with nothing, so I have to gain every million in hard work now, not years ago…

1 Like

No kidding! There was little urgency for the first 7 higher levels, having had enough XP already to get halfway through 47. Now everything is ahead, and I can feel the impatience that drove my mad rush for 40 afflicting me.

Main’s got 2 more levels to reach 50 now; please put my phones into my casket when I reach the long dirt nap, and set up an exterior charging mechanism, if you can. I’ll probably still have a few million XP to go, by the time I reach room temperature. (and I bet we’ll still be waiting for Black Kyurem)

3 Likes

9 Likes

Home stretch now.

1 Like

the worst part of level 44 to 45 was the battling 50 (or 100, I don’t know anymore) rocket leaders… ugh

3 Likes

I still have 9 leaders to beat and I don’t get enough revives so it’s frustrating. When I do raids I get like 3 revives and 25 potions. Why are revives so rare?

2 Likes

There seems to be some repeating unevenness between trainers, in the prevalence or scarceness of balls, berries, potions, and revives.

In my own case: My main is always short on Pokéballs, while my alt is always short on berries. There seems to be no way to tweak the results by playing with the habits, either – they mostly have the same friends and do the same raids and spin the same stops, etc., and whether I have the main go first or the alt, the results keep leaning in those directions. I’ve noticed that pattern for over 2 years, with no apparent regression to any kind of common averages, and it gets pretty frustrating at times.

I have no real data to show the base of my situation, but I have had along time the sensation, that when one type of resources go down (lower than 10) it needs more time to get them, than others which are high.
For example, if I have a lot of red balls, in all Stops they give me more of them. If I run out of them, no chance to find some of them.

1 Like

5 Likes

Congratulations on reaching level 49. Do you have enough exp for level 50?

1 Like