Why am i still getting shadow shards?

I’m trying to complete a shadowy disturbance but I am still getting shadow shards rather then myserious components. I obviously won’t be able to complete the leaders. Anyone have any ideas? I don’t think I’ve ever actually used a purified gem if that makes any difference.

Edit. I do have 1 radar, is it just that I won’t get components until I have used the radar?

Correct. You can not get any Radar Components until you use that existing Radar.

Thank you, just me being paranoid

NAK is spot on.

Beating grunts won’t get you more mysterious components while you have a full radar. But you can buy another radar in the shop if you are racing against a deadline to beat TGR leaders.

1 Like

How bad this idea is from Niantic’s side. Who doesn’t want to go for Shadow Raids and/or is unable to participate in it, then also he/she has to bear the pain of collecting shards.

:frowning_face: :frowning_face:

The only time I’ve needed to use Purified Gems was in the Shadow Mewtwo raids. Have any other Shadow raid bosses required them? (Mewtwo was the boss on the only weekend since January, that I was free to go raid in-person, so I have no knowledge about others).

The other level five bosses are pretty tricky as well. It obviously depends on the amount of people you have fighting the boss, but due to the fact that it’s in-person-only, it can get down to the wire. For all of the fives unless you have close to 20 people you probably want to use the gems. For any of the ones and threes you can beat it up with just a few level 35-50s even without using gems, it’s really just the level fives you have to look out for. However, it’s still easy to dominate any of them with a party of 20, especially against Articuno and Moltres (because they’re 4x weak to rock).

1 Like

Thanks! I had forgotten by now about asking this; but I still wanted to know…

1 Like

I had problems doing Shadow Zapdos with 4 accts the other day. One well prepared and other 3 not so well prepared teams.
Well prepared acct froze with 60 sec to go. I wasn’t using the gems on any and lost needing another 20-30sec at least.
Reset teams on all and used Gems defeating it with about 30sec spare. My usual range is 120-90 left when won as a gauge.
Gem and Mega use is the key if short teaming T5 Shadows.

1 Like

Oh for sure. Gems are a big help once you get to tier 5.

The upcoming Shadow Ho-Oh raid weekend will be nice because he takes 4x damage from rock as well.

1 Like