What features should come to Pokémon GO?

Talk about what features could dramatically change the life of Pokémon GO.

International trading

3 Likes

Here’s a link to an old poll

GTS or wonder trade in Pokemon go.

I loved using that in AlphaSapphire. Not sure though how it would be implemented.

But that is international trading as well ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Wonder Trade would be awesome. There’s a system for it in Pokemon Home as well, so it really wouldn’t be much of a stretch, I’d say.

1 Like

Could you tell a little bit more about what it is?

You select a Pokemon to trade, and you trade it with someone else’s selected Pokemon, only you can’t know who you’re trading with nor what you’ll get

1 Like

Huh, then you put only not so valued pokémon, or you have to be very trusty.
Imagine you put a Tyranitar and get a Fletchling…

1 Like

Or regionals to help others out

I’d like to see a notification pop up when trainers leave a Raid and Lobby so you don’t proceed when all have left.

3 Likes

I would like a rifle or a Pokeball with spikes, so I could withdraw the Rocket-Globe from the sky. I hate to see the shadow in the ground…

2 Likes

I would love to be able to set for each item in backpack max. number above which new items would be ignored. So if I would set for example 0 for all potions except Max - I would not get any of them from stops or gifts - they would be automatically thrown away.

3 Likes

I would like to be able to organize the pre-set search option, i.e. move them around in your favor and delete the ones you don’t want

Instead of just throwing away items such as Pokéballs, Revives e.t.c. give us stardust for each item instead. Of course the amount of stardust should be consistent with the items rarity. Ultraballs gives more stardust per item compared to regular Pokéballs for example.
It feels like we get more and more things to spend stardust on, but the ways to earn it doesn’t increase in the same rate. This could be a step.

6 Likes

Not sure if I’ve already mentioned but I’d like to be able to lock the Purify and Power Up buttons to prevent inadvertently using.
I ruined my L46 Shadow Machamp by hitting Purify instead of the Power Up button.
I’ve also ruined a PvP Swampert by mistakenly Powering it up.

3 Likes

Maybe something like the effect of the favourite button, when you can´t send them to the profesor.

Possibility to amend (+1 or -1) IV stats.
It should not be cheap - like first use 100k dust or 100 rare candies and each following 2x more expensive then the previous one - or maybe by using an item from shop?.. potentially could bring balance for new players who would have a chance to catch up with old veterans holding already perfect IV…

Watch this video

Nice one :slight_smile:
I posted this over there (first two points are the same as I posted here earlier):

Almost all below are variations on “STOP wasting our time!!!” you mentioned in your video:

1. I would love to be able to set for each item in backpack max. number above which new items would be ignored. So if I would set for example 0 for small potions - I would not get any of them from stops or gifts - they would be automatically thrown away.
  2. Possibility to amend (+1 or -1) IV stats.
    It should not be cheap - like first use 100k dust or 100 rare candies and each following 2x more expensive then the previous one - or maybe by using an item from shop?.. potentially could bring balance for new players who would have a chance to catch up with old veterans holding already perfect IV…
  3. Mass opening gifts - like “open as much as possible starting from the bottom/top of currently shown list”.
  4. On catch screen show all candies and balls - in a similar way as other pokemons are shown during battle - so if you want to use a berry - it would be one tap (not three like now) and if you want to change a ball - it would be just a grab the right one (not two taps + grab)
  5. After a catch - show IV of catched pokemon - and a button for transfer
  6. After TGR / raid battle - show all bonuses on one screen (similar to the Harry Potter game) - not like now; and remove this slide bar update for TGR (let’s say after you have 1000 TGR it is pointless to show 2345/1000…)
  7. Have a similar search features (and tags) on friends list as it is on pokemon list - hope this one is coming soon (as it would make perfect sense)
  8. Possibility to set a pokemon (individually or by tag) to be ignored (or just opposite - shown with the priority similar to the missing ones) on radar - something like with pokemon missing - they appear on the radar even f they are far away from your location.
  9. After BL battle - show summary screen with opponent team specifications (CP, moves)
  10. After BL battle - ‘Again’ button should go directly to searching for new opponent - based on the selection you used earlier
1 Like

A few things that come to mind regularly:

Something to tell us how many more gifts I can open before I hit max for the day.

A way to tell how many of an item I have while I’m still in the store, to avoid having to go back and forth from item-bag to store.

Friend search for substring in ANY part of the nickname. (I have nicknames containing group designations, but only seem to be able to search for things that match from the start of the nickname, not the middle – e.g. “sm1 john” can only be found if my search string contains the “sm1” part… just searching for “john” finds NOTHING!.)

Ability to MANAGE ITEMS when I hit BAG FULL on a spin.

Ability to buy an item for immediate use without adding it to my bag, first (making it possible, for example, to buy a remote raid pass from the lobby entrance when my bag is full, without wasting time backing out to clear space, first; or to buy a poffin from the buddy-feeding screen to feed directly to the buddy) [harder feature, since it opens the possibility of buying an item that can’t fit into the bag and then crashing before I can use it, meaning I either lose it or get to add it to an already-full bag]

1 Like