Use of Go-tcha & Niantic warning

I have been using a Go-tcha and got a first warning and partial use limitation from Niantic. Am I now on a permanent watch list?

I’m not sure how Niantic can differentiate the difference between a GoPlus/GoPlus+ or a Gotcha or any other auto catcher.
Everything I’ve ever read about how these devices work via Bluetooth makes it nigh impossible to distinguish the difference.
You’re not doing anything else like faking GPS location at the same time by any chance? There’s been a massive crack down on that lately.

I run Gotchas on other acts and an original GoPlus on the main. Admittedly I haven’t been using the Gotchas for the last 2 weeks since using a mapping service to chase 100’s. Too much stuffing around making sure to disable them when getting close to the spawn point then restarting again.

1 Like

Thanks very much for your response. I never do anything with the GPS - don’t even know how to do that. I only use the Go-tcha. I would get the GoPlus but they are bulky and (I think) always vibrates. I can’t stand the vibration - every. Do you know if the vibration can turned off?

I recently read claims about Niantic accidentally banning people for fast catching. I assume Gotchas are included in this. I suspect this might be the reason.

Running Gotcha and GoPlus side by side yes the Gotcha wins the clean up race but it’s a fair way off speed wise what can be done using the fast catch trick.
One of our local Discord put up some tech time specs on the difference a fair while ago now. There was a big difference.