Underrated Pokémon Thread

Here is a thread where we can discuss the most underrated Pokemon (in your opinion). Feel free to post any of your favorites that are looked past, for PVP, or just in general!

I will start with some good Pokemon which I had used quite a lot in MSG, but here they are somewhat weak in battles.

1. Salamence

Just give him Breaking Swipe, and he will be completely usable in battles.

**2. Arcanine**

He is known as Legendary Pokemon as per official Pokedex entry. And he is the best non-legendary Pokemon in terms to total stats, who is not hindered by any limiting ability, like Slaking or Archeops.

3. Gardevoir

Those who had played MSG, might know what capability Gardevoir has. She packs wide coverage charge moves, that can deal super-effective damage to Pokemon against whom we expect her to win, and also to those Pokemon who can defeat her.

4. Milotic

She wanted to become Water/Fairy, as opposed to Gyarados’s Water/Dark, but somehow ended as water type only !!

5. Exploud

Looks strong, but performs underwhelming :rofl:

6. Hippowdown

So far, he is only good as niche Pokemon, with his elemental fangs only

7. Dusknoir

He is bulky somewhat, but lacks a good fast move…

8. Tangrowth

Very potent and powerful field setter in MSG battles, who can recover 1/3rd the max HP after every time he switches out

9. Porygon-Z

Total BST like that of starter Pokemon means that he has some sort of potential.

10. Stoutland

I remember that he was among my most dependable Pokemon when I was playing Black/White , as well as Black2/White2. A potential CD can bring him in picture.

11. Scolipede

Among the most easily obtainable Pokemon in B/W and B2/W2, who packs speed, attack and some bulk !!

12. Eelektross

Give him Volt Switch and Wild Charge, and see his power !

13. Cryogonal

He is actually a special wall, as he has high special defense.

14. Golurk

Just a high energy generating fast move.

15. Braviary

My favorite Normal/Flying, who can dish out massive damage if done correctly. Pokemon GO should need to bring a CD for him, just like they did with Sandslash and Quagsire.

16. Clawitzer

:grinning: :smiley: :smile:

1 Like

Masquerian is actually really good for Master Leauge and Great League. They are really bulky. The combination Infestation, Bubble Beam, and Ominous Wind is a really nice move set and great against ground and fighting types. And the typing of Bug/Flying is really unique. However, I think Masquerian is overlooked because of the uncommon bug typing.

Another Bug-Flying for you, Beautifly. I think the only thing it is lacking is a strong charge move to go with Struggle Bug. It has pretty Neutral matchups, and is great to counter Umbreon, Venesaur, and Sableye.

Hitmonchan is also an underrated Pokémon to use in the Great League. A move set of Counter, Power-Up Punch, and Ice Punch make it great counters to Noctowl, Umbreon, Bastidon, and so much more. With a good HP Buff, it would be insane in GL.

1 Like

He is actually very decent. I had seen many people using him in GBL, especially the shadow version, about in the 2100-2200 rating bracket.

He is dangerous with the moveset which you mentioned, and also has higher bulk than few other fighting types.

Since we talked fighting type, so another underused and underrated Pokemon came to my mind, i.e Falinks.

I had seriously not seen any trainer using in the open league.

Jynx used to be one of the best ice attackers in raids. It had fallen out of favour due to megas and newer pokemon though
But I’ll forever treasure my level 40 jynx

1 Like

Similar scenario with Cradily. Used to be in the top 5 best Rock type attackers out there, but then as Pokémon such as Quagsire and Basitodon arose, it kinda just slid back into a neutral position. However not nearly as far as Jynx did.

1 Like