Top favorite defenders for gyms

Who do you use mostly to defend and why?

I go for usually
Blissy: Tank( Coin monstar)
Metagross: The flash canon champ ( daily coins)
Salemence: i love my dragons and since he cant be in my party ( dragonite)
Tyranitar: wynaut
Dragonite: Need more extra defenders

special bonus
Mewtwo: If i could i would!! but i use him for attacking gyms/

Post your favourite defenders and explain why they may be and their nicknames

2 Likes

For making it difficult to knock out it’s obviously Blissey, Chansey, Snorlax and Slaking. But too often people fill gyms up with the Normal type big dogs and they make it easy for attackers to just go with all Machamp. So that’s why I like to stick Gardevoir in some of these Normal dominant gyms. She double resists Machamp and makes people actually have to use some strategy in picking their counters for the gym.

But honestly, most of the time I use it as a way to show off my favorite stuff. Shinies, regionals and what not. If the game rewarded me more for defending gyms I’d take it a little more seriously meta wise.

2 Likes

Mainly shinies, I dont have any defensive Pokemon powered up

2 Likes

I put in everything I want to, mainly instantly-transfer-afterwards Pokémon.

3 Likes

Shinies, but mainly pokemon with desirable candies like ralts and larvitar.

4 Likes

Mainly the “normal” mons or the ones I need candy for. If gym is low motivation, just put instantly-transfer-afterwards mons, hope to get some gym xp.

I mix it up a bit and it varies depending on if I’m taking the gym down so first in or just dropping one in. Add to that I always have one Gym that’s my Berry dump Gym. It’s always one that’s not Gold, harder to get at and can’t reach from the car.
For the Berry Gym I like to use either Salamance, Metagross, Snorlax, Dragonite or one of my Big Blissey. All depends whats already in there if dropping in. This Gym is for getting bonus Candy from the Berry dump and help push it along to Gold a bit quicker.
For quick high turn over Gyms I like to use one of my 3000cp+ Blissey’s. They are all called 3KBliss. If Blissey is already in there I’ll go for a 1000-1200cp Chansey as a have a couple of these too.
After that its junk evolutions and Raid Bosses that are transferred upon return.
I don’t get into the, hey look at my Shiny.

1 Like

I agree with what you said about the berry dump gym

Slacking is my go to

If I defeat a gym first, Blissey. If not, Gardevoir. People
where I live love to drop some normal type tanks everywhere, so an attacker can go crazy with a machamp party.

1 Like

Bliss Eater is the best defender

3 Likes

My Top favourite gym defenders are

1. Blissey
    2.slaking
    3.snorlax
    4.metagross
    5.tyranitar
1 Like

Blissey is fun to add to a gym but not to battle :joy::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I battle blissey all the times since I am working on my gold gym badges, and I can practice dodging against her charge move more and more

Particularly when golden razz berries exist and the opponent uses them consistently…

Ya, if they know their gyms are under attacked. If I know they are using grb, I will leave the gym

2 Likes

I do think Golden Razz Berries should maybe be nerfed a bit.

1 Like

I don’t mind nerfing grb or not, I keep about 100,and feed extra to gyms

Hahahahahah :joy::joy::joy::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::slight_smile: I battled and added my blissey to a gym and the person who is battling it can’t beat it. This guy is yelling at his game :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Hes using the wrong Pokemon to battle it or a very low level and doesn’t have the right Pokemon yet.
A few L20 Machamps with Counter and Dynamic Punch will take down any level Blissey.

3 Likes