Survey regarding Team GO Rocket Week on the forum

Hello everyone,

Team GO Rocket Weeks on the forum are a thing for a while now. The issue is that these events are not optimalized. As we want to keep the forum fun for everyone, I’d like to ask everyone to take a minute to answer the polls below, so we can improve the Team GO Rocket Weeks as a community, and make this event actually fun for everyone, and thus improve the forum. Please DO answer every poll, even if it doesn’t matter to you, so I know who has seen the poll and answered. It’d mean a lot.

Help

Answer to a poll by clicking on the answer of your choice.

Survey

Question 1:
Have you seen this poll? (This makes quick-checking easier for me.)

• Yes.
  • No.
0 voters

It does not matter which answer is chosen for question 1.

Question 2:
Do you like the Team GO Rocket Weeks?

• Yes.
  • I do, but they need to be improved.
  • I do, as long as they do not create chaos on the forum.
  • I am fine with it, but not bothered to participate.
  • I do not like it and these events need strong restrictions.
  • I do not like it and these events need to be banned from the forum.
0 voters

Question 3:
In the last Team Rocket Week, participators infiltrated non-Team Rocket Categories by painting an R on pictures, that did belong to that topic. Example:
This picture was placed in the Community CP Increase Challenge topic. Should we allow this?

• Yes.
  • Yes, because Team Rocket are villains.
  • I am okay with it.
  • It doesn’t matter to me.
  • No, because it is off-topic.
  • No, because I think it is annoying.
  • No.
0 voters

Question 4:
When Team Rocket Week was new on the forums, members bombed a whole bunch of threads with Team Rocket memes, quotes etc. The entire post had nothing to do with the topic. Should this be allowed?

• Yes.
  • Yes, because Team Rocket are villains.
  • No, because it was off-topic.
  • No, because it created a chaos on the forum.
  • No, because it is annoying.
0 voters

Question 5:
Same question as question 4, but this time, it is a meme AND something on-topic in one post. Should this be allowed?

• Yes.
  • No, because that would be annoying.
  • No, because that meme would still be off-topic.
  • No, because it will create a chaos.
0 voters

Question 6:
What would be the most optimal punishment for users that ignore the rules for Team GO Rocket Week?

• That doesn’t matter to me, because I will follow the rules.
  • That doesn’t matter to me, because I am not bothered to participate.
  • I will follow the rules if I participate, but I think a 48 hour suspension would be the perfect punishment.
  • I will follow the rules if I participate, but I think a 72 hour suspension would be the perfect punishment.
  • I will follow the rules if I participate, but I think a 168 hour suspension would be the perfect punishment.
  • I will follow the rules if I participate, but I think a 48 hour silence would be the perfect punishment. (Silenced users cannot create posts.)
  • I will follow the rules if I participate, but I think a 72 hour silence would be the perfect punishment. (Silenced users cannot create posts.)
  • I will follow the rules if I participate, but I think a 168 hour silence would be the perfect punishment. (Silenced users cannot create posts.)
  • I will follow the rules if I participate, but I think a permanent ban would be the perfect punishment.
  • I will follow the rules if I participate, but I think a 48 hour suspension, and a permanent ban when it happens a second time would be the perfect punishment.
  • I will follow the rules if I participate, but I think a 72 hour suspension, and a permanent ban when it happens a second time would be the perfect punishment.
  • I will follow the rules if I participate, but I think a 168 hour suspension, and a permanent ban when it happens a second time would be the perfect punishment.
0 voters

Question 7:
Are you going to participate in the next Team GO Rocket Week?

• No.
  • Yes.
  • I will see whether I am going to participate or not.
0 voters

Question 8:
How should we communicate the rules to the forum members?

• By bannering the rules outside of Team GO Rocket Week.
  • By bannering the rules during Team GO Rocket Week.
  • By pinning the rules globally (the rules will appear at the top of the forum until users unpin it).
  • By editing the first post of the Team Rocket topic.
  • By just creating a new post.
0 voters

Question 9:
During last Team GO Rocket Week, we changed the banner to something fitting with the event. What is your opinion about that? (Users can dismiss a banner by clicking on the X mark.)

• I did not like it.
  • It didn’t matter to me.
  • I liked it, but I could use improvements.
  • It was great!
  • It didn’t do much.
0 voters
  • Edit: One of the answers is supposed to say the banner could use an improvement. So ‘it’ instead of ‘I’ is what is meant.

Question 10:
Moderators have the option to change titles to unofficial ones. (See my title, it is Weedle Master, which is not an official title.) We could do this during Team GO Rocket Week. But should we? (Users would need to ask us to change their title to what is wanted, and this will only be done during Team GO Rocket Week. Users can change their title by clicking on their profile picture and then going to settings.)

• I like the idea!
  • It won’t do much.
  • Please don’t do that.
0 voters

Process

Once I am satisfied with the amount of answers given, a Staff member (probably me) will create the rules using the public opinions. The rules will then be presented to the Staff team and possibly be changed. After that, we well present the rules to the leaders of the Team GO Rocket Week, and they might get us to change the rules slightly. If that is done, the rules will be published on the forum itself.

Notes

1. Team GO Rocket Weeks taking place before the rules are published will follow the old rules, meaning only Team Rocket stuff in the Team Rocket Category and 3-day ban when not followed.
  2. Answers are set visible to Staff only, if I am not mistaken. I do not know how that works but it should be fine.
  3. A better banner cannot be guaranteed as of yet.
  4. Rules will not be based on most votes count. I will hear the entire community and base the rules off of the public opinion.

Thanks for answering the polls! Feel free to explain your answers, discuss, add more polls regarding Team GO Rocket Week, give more ideas, etc. It would help improving the forum a lot.

I hope the new rules can be created quickly, so the next Team GO Rocket Week can be better and more fun for everyone.

Yours faithfully,

Jormdeworm

4 Likes

Topic is now pinned globally. To unpin, click the “Pinned Globally” button underneath the reply button and select “Unpinned”

@Branebs, I see you have been answering the polls. Are you able to check your own answers?

Yes, I can see my answers. I have a bad connection at the moment (I’m on vacation) so I had to answer some questions again because my answers weren’t registered the first time.

1 Like

Alright! Thanks for the reply. Glad it works how I hoped it would.

Question 4:
As long as it’s related to the Original Post, rocket references should be okay in my opinion. Shouldn’t be off topic

3 Likes

To me seems fine, I don’t like all the movement, but I can live with them, allways they no convert everything in chaos.

2 Likes

I don’t really know much about Team Rocket - and I don’t have that much that I can contribute - but anything that encourages more activity on the forum is fine with me. :grin::+1:

4 Likes

The rules will be created so that Team GO Rocket Week members will have more fun, but that it doesn’t end up in a complete chaos on the forum, is my goal.

3 Likes

Hello everyone,

Thanks for answering the survey. It helps out a lot.

However, I would like to ask everyone to check if every poll is answered. I see some people have missed the questions 3, 4, and/or 5, and these are actually the most important ones.

1 Like

Please answer the survey if you haven’t already. It would help out a lot.

Also please double check if every poll has been answered.

If you have done both, this message can be ignored.

I cannot answer Q3 and Q5.
No matter how many times I vote it simply won’t register.

1 Like

I can see your answer on both of these polls, so it’s fine. :slight_smile:

Edit: it may be due to the fact that multiple answers can be selected. I am not sure why this occurs, but at least I can see your answers, which is the most important.

2 Likes

I think that each member of this forum who’s been here with us for a while and who knows about Team Rocket Week should do the survey. Even if you don’t want or plan to participate, you should express your opinion so that we can enjoy Team Rocket Week freely knowing that we aren’t bothering or annoying anyone. To make your voting easier here are some quick facts about Team Rocket Week:

• so far we’ve had 9 Team Rocket events
  • 24 people participated
  • there are almost 900 replies in the Team Rocket thread
  • it was viewed more than 25,000 times
  • it has almost 1,400 likes
  • we played many roles (changed profile pictures)
  • we did Giovanni’s challenges
  • we did Meowth’s challenges
  • we had a Team Rocket quiz.

What we, Team Rocket members want:

• more participants
  • to have fun and do our things, to make a controlled chaos on the forum (like when Team GO Rocket took over the Twitter account of Pokemon GO) that means we can post our stuff outside of the Team Rocket thread, we can put R’s on Pokemon, etc.
  • new members don’t necessarily have to be Team Rocket characters, they can be good guys if they want, that doesn’t mean they can’t participate, this event is meant for all of us here
  • we are open to new ideas and suggestions to make Team Rocket Week better and more fun.
3 Likes

@Branebs. I will give you an update on this when I find the time. I don’t think I can manage to do that today, possibly tomorrow.

2 Likes

Thanks to all 13 members that have voted. Your votes are much appreciated.

If you have not yet voted, please consider doing so. It would help the community a lot.

2 Likes

@vorgriff3, thank you so much for voting! Your opinions are much appreciated.

However, it looked like you missed the questions 3 and 4. Could you please answer these two, too?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

19 people voted, but some of them didn’t answer all the questions.