[spoilers] New Sword and Shield Pokemon! GEN 8!

Anyone else watch the Sword and Shield Direct today? New Gen 8 Pokemon:

Which evolves into …

Two Legendaries (which will be on the covers):

UPDATE:

Two more revealed in a trailer. .

An electric Corgi named Yamper:

… and an imp creature named Impidimp:

5 Likes

My opinions:

Wooloo: It’s decent enough and fills a role in a regional dex. I suspect it’s a two evo Pokemon that won’t be anything special stat-wise. I doubt it’s anything more than a Normal type - evo included. Despite that, I kinda dig it. I’d give it a 6.5/10.0

Gossifleur: Not awful, but feels like a lot of feminine grass types we’ve already seen before, especially with the flower “hat”. A little uninspired, to be honest. 5.5/10.0

Eldegoss: Admittedly, the evo is kinda cool. I especially like the cotton fro. I imagine there will be a third evo here if I’m guessing. 7.5/10.0

Drednaw: My favorite! I love this design. The preview also said it’s difficult to train due to it’s demeanor and propensity to bite everything. I hope it has an even nastier evo! 10.0/10.0!

Corviknight: I want to like it and I think it’s a solid design, but it’s not as amazing as I had hoped when I first saw it. Apparently, it’s the game’s travel Pokemon that teleports you to any town you’ve already visited. In that case, I have a feeling that you get it early-ish and it doesn’t evolve. Still … not bad, I just want to like it so much more. 7.0/10.0

Zacian: I’m sorry, but I just don’t like it. It’s design is just so busy and I prefer more basic designs. I also do not dig the sword in the mouth. Lastly, it looks like about 1,000 other video game wolves over the past couple decades. Ugh. Disappointing legendary. 3.0/10.0

Zamazenta: Same goes for this one, though I like it a shade more since there is no sword in the mouth. The shields are also decent, but … yeah … just too much going on and too generic for me. 4.0/10.0

3 Likes

Legends are too similar but otherwise, the Mons are far from bad
BUT CROVIKNIGHT IS AMAZING
Im using that thing

5 Likes

Sobble:
7.8/10

Too much water

3 Likes

Im pretty sure theres a digimon in the middle.

1 Like

That was Wobuffet, thats a Gen 2 Pokemon

2 Likes

Dynamax is even worse than armored evolution

1. zamazenta
  2. zacian
  3. corviknight (it looks like a middle stage)
  4. eidegloss
  5. drednaw
  6. wooloo
  7. gossifleur
2 Likes

Drednaw looks awesome I love it he looks like a turtle with that attitude the rest of them look okay I like the art style of it

1 Like

I love them all, although i look a little hit down upon wooloo

1 Like

Imagine a Dynamaxed Totem Wailord…

2 Likes

I actually like the new Legendaries, but the Sword I do feel is too much. It should appear when it’s ready to attack, kind of like how to Swords of Justice work with Sacred Sword. There’s definitely a story between these two Pokemon. We will have to wait and see.

That being said, I’m pretty sure these two are Steel-type Legendaries–TREND ALERT!!–but what could their subtypes be? Looking at Zacian, I’m guessing he’s a Steel/Fighting type. What could Zamazenta be? I’m stumped honestly. I do like how they’re designed after wolves. Wolves are very underrepresented in Pokemon in general.

1 Like

Maybe they could stay pure steel

My son is excited. He plays the actual games. I won’t see these for another 4 years because I just play Go.

2 Likes

Corviknight is my favorite of all you posted.

3 Likes

Man. I look forward to what is ahead for you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I find that unlikely since there are so few single-type mascot Legendaries out there. Only ones I can think of are Kyogre, Groudon and Xerneas. It is possible, but it doesn’t seem likely.

10 Likes

He will probably get Sword for his first report card( if straight A’s), then Shield for Christmas.

2 Likes

4 years ? No way its coming that soon.

3 Likes

I know right it is around the corner