Shiny Latios is coming

I’m hoping to catch at least one Giratina before going on a Latios Raid binge!! I only made it to a single Latias raid, turned out to be high 80% IV with both dragon type moves:) My ghost type roster is lackluster at best. I spent a lot of time & TMs on my MamoSquad & Machamp Army so Gengar & Mismaggius need TMs. I caught enough Bagon to go up from Silver to Gold medal @Dragon types (finally all gold!) I’m aiming for 4-7+ Latios. At least one needs to be high 90-100% I’d be stoked to catch my 1st Shiny Legendary during this upcoming event too!!

1 Like

Not looking forward to this polluting the T5 spawns when I’m still trying to get a keeper/useful IV Giratina yet the 3 minimum that I really want for my Ghost team.
I would like to do some Latios as we were cheated for time the first time around but it won’t be at the expense of chasing must have Giratina.

1 Like

That’s exactly why I gave my Weavile a double charge move. Now I only have to throw 1 Fast TM on it to make it an excellent Dark or Ice type attacker.

Fast TMS have been too scarce for me to do that, sadly. I have to commit to a moveset.

Had one afternoon this week to try to get a Latios, and I got 4, one of which was this:

Wishing y’all a shiny week…

7 Likes

Thought I was not going to be able to Raid it much but it seems I actually can Raid it on at least Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, so I’ll definitely go for it.

Not even seen a single Latios raid totay, I’ve played hours and walked 3 hours. Had 2 hours without a single raid.

What the h*ll Niantic, what are you doing?!? :man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

Really? we did 6 after eachother and had several more left and right that werent on our route so we skipped them. All day there were Latios all over the place.

Seen 1 today. That’s all.

1 Like

Never saw a T5 Raid in progress or close to hatch to do on the zig zag trip home from work taking back a few Gyms. Couple of T5 Eggs appeared but couldn’t hang around in the area that long. Had to settle for a throw away Dragonite to use the daily free pass.

2 Likes

No shiny yet, but got a weather boosted 98%, very good!

2 Likes

I only managed to do one raid yesterday, we were 4 accounts and one got a shiny (not me of course). We later tried a trio (my level 37 friend, a level 33 and me, no idea if this could possibly work with counters we have), and we were on a good way until the first one had to re-lobby… then the whole raid froze. Since the other 2 were low on revives (and with low I mean, one had 2 and the other absolutely zero) we couldn’t retry either :laughing:

1 Like

Still nothing. For Latias, I did a total of 20 raids and got 3 shinies. And for Latios, I’m at 22 raids now and 0 shiny. It feels like Lugia/Ho-oh and Kyogre/Groudon (I get several shinies for one of the pair, and I struggle for the other), so that was expected. I won’t give up yet though.

1 Like

As weekend gets closer, a handful of chances to slip out for an hour or so seem to be coming into focus. Maybe another Latios or two could be still possible before the event ends. Gonna try, anyway… :grin:

There was an Un-announced legendary dinner hour

1 Like

I got to do that last night! First raids I’ve done in like 3 weeks. My grand nephew was in the car with me and saw how much fun it was, he created a new account to start playing.

2 Likes

The raid group I stumbled on by accident during yesterday’s unannounced dinner hour didn’t even bother trying to catch the defeated raid boss unless it was shiny (throwing all of their catch attempts rapidly, bam bam bam, and then racing off to the next raid). I almost fell off their raid train twice by staying to catch every Latios before racing off to the next raid.

The rest of them had already caught their fill of Latios (including high-IV ones) last year, before I even began raiding legendaries… And now that my 2 trainers have 6 and 7 Latios, respectively, I’m inclined to adopt their raid-blitz strategy. (Although I am loath to pass up the candies that come from investing the time to catch…)

So how many of a particular legendary do you need before going into “shinies only” mode? Are there any that you catch and keep as many as you can?

1 Like

Got a garbage shiny and some decent Latios, including a fake hundo
Cool, shame he’s so outclassed with more beasts to come

I dont do shinys only. If i invest my pass i want candys in return

2 Likes

That’s how I tried to appeal to them to stay and catch. On the other hand, the candy I’m after is the rare candy that we usually get for defeating the boss, whether we capture it or not. And every raid I’m hoping to get TMs, too.

2 Likes