Riolu Hatch Day: Free To Play Option To Obtain Event Eggs (Revised)

Hey, y’all! If you’re anything like myself and would rather eat dirt before spending money on Incubators, you’ll love this little option.

Starting anytime between now and leading up to Riolu Hatch Day, only hatch your 5km, 7km, & 10km eggs until all you’re left with is 2km eggs. Once you’ve done this, only hatch your 12km eggs until the day of or before the event. This way, you’ll only have to worry about your old 2km eggs on the day of the event, which will allow you to farm up event 2km eggs fasterif you’re lucky.

For those hardcore trainers with time on their hands, hatch all of your old 2km eggs on Friday before the event starts and (this is important) do not spin any Pokéstops, gyms or open any gifts until 2pm the following day. I don’t support doing this because of how hard it is to remember, but if you’re hardcore and laser focused, then you’ll be in even better shape the next day.

And that’s it! I’ve been doing this method for years, and it never fails me. Hatching eggs in Pokémon Go is not an experience that no one should spend money in hopes of obtaining something rare. It’s too in favor of luck. In the short amount of time one is able to play an event , this small** and packed with FOMO, one has to plan ahead. So long as RNG on collecting 2km eggs will be high, it’ll be smooth. Hope this helps someone who needs it. GGs!

1 Like

Thanks for the tips. I just hatched my first Larvesta half an hour ago, though… (which has been out for months – my hatching luck is :poop:. ) Even your system might not be enough to get me a Riolu from the hatch day (let alone a decent one).

3 Likes

First Egg I got was a 10km one and I stopped caring. I much rather enjoy my holiday. Not to mention it’s hot as hell outside anyway, another crap event.

1 Like

As soon as I read Hatch day I was “get stuffed Niantic”. I’ll just play the way I do every day and not care about the day.

3 Likes

Seen numerous reports of people hatching 40+ Eggs for no shiny. Glad I didn’t care.

1 Like

Had to stay around the office all day, which meant no walking around outside to collect eggs and hatch them. Glad I already had 4 level40 Lucario from a couple of years ago, one of them shiny, so it wasn’t much of a lost opportunity.

1 Like

I was busy on Sunday, hence was not able to hatch any egg.

I will need to wait for Mega-Lucario Raids in order to get my first Lucario.

1 Like

Oh my, those people would be very salty if they know what my trainer got.
I didn’t care about the Hatch Riolu event or purposely try. However I did go for a bush walk after I finished work early (wasn’t allowed to work back to usual Saturday finish time) to take 2 Gyms and without trying picked up and hatched 2 eggs both being Riolu and one being a 96% Shiny :rofl:.
I saw the first normal one hatch on the walk but never knew about the Shiny until cleaning the bag yesterday :rofl:.

3 Likes